MovieInfo

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ExSport

Re: MovieInfo

Post by ExSport »

mike5

Post by mike5 »

Does any one know if this plugin still works with the current build of 5.4.0 2015-12-28. I have tried to get the plugin to work but the movie info folder is empty on the PS3.

Thanks for any help
tmk

Post by tmk »

Still works for me (Sony Bravia and Roku [even though I can't watch video on the Roku])
Server Platform: Linux Xubuntu 14.04 (LTS)
Renderer: Sony Bravia KDL-40W5100
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

What engine are you using? MovieInfo doesn't support only one ;)
Supermanfan77

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Has anyone else noticed that MovieInfo plug in no longer works in UMS 6.x.x?
icenlord

Post by icenlord »

Supermanfan77 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that MovieInfo plug in no longer works in UMS 6.x.x?
I could never get this to work, and I've been using UMS 3 years now
mikeaoller

Post by mikeaoller »

icenlord wrote:
Supermanfan77 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that MovieInfo plug in no longer works in UMS 6.x.x?
I could never get this to work, and I've been using UMS 3 years now
Really, me neither. IMHO this is the worst piece of crap.

It was great if this plugin's features would be sourced into the UMS main code. It should use folder or file names, do an IMDB (or whatever) lookup, present the user with data from there (including cover pictures) instead a plain directory structure. That was a huge improvement for UMS and one of the features I've been missing for years.
jasonpeek00

Post by jasonpeek00 »

Nothing I do can get mediainfo to work..
What was the last version you were able to get working?
Since I had covers/posters on my hdd before the updates, those will still show and I can manually add them to the folder but
nothing shows up anymore automatically
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

It works for me great. Long time I haven't use it so if you have problems, you should more deeply describe what is wrong.
There are more engines in MovieInfo, so which one doesn't work? Or whole plugin doesn't load?
I used CSFD.CZ scraper and it worked as it should (same should be for e.g. IMDB if there wasn't any change on their web what can be frequent and require plugin rewrite)
grobinson

Post by grobinson »

I have UMS 6.5.3 loaded and tried Movieinfo to no avail. Plug in is installed and I press the "Movie Info plugin" button. It shows four lines of fields;
Plugins: IMDB,FILMWEB,CSFD,MOVIEMETER,ALLOCINE,MYMOVIES,OFDB,FILMDELTA,SENSACINE,ONFILM,KINOPOISK
NumberOfActors: 99 Download Cover To Folder (Blank box) Linelength: 60 DisplayInfo: title,rating,tagline,genre,plot,cast,director
Filter: filter
Scan path:

I put my "E:\Movies" folder into the "Scan path:" field. There is button "Scan files" which I then pressed - and it seemed to do nothing. I renamed one of my folders to "Birdman_imdb Birdman" after seeing some obscure prior post about needing to rename folders, but still nothing. I use UMS with my PS3 and the "#MOVIE INFO#" path in UMS for all folders (including Birdman) say "There are no titles."

Any assistance warmly welcomed!

Cheers,
Grant