MovieInfo

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: MovieInfo

Post by SharkHunter »

Added a new version of MovieInfo to http://code.google.com/p/sharkhunter-shb/downloads/list.
This time I might have gone over the top. I've added a MovieDB fetaure to MovieInfo which uses OpenSubtitles and IMDB to create a DB wher you can browse based on title,genre,cast etc.

To be able to use you must do 2 things.

1) Add "movieinfo.movieDB=true" to UMS.conf. THIS MUST BE DONE MANUALLY
2) Scan your dir(s). THIS MUST BE DONE FROM THE MOVIEINFO GUI. If you don't enter a scan path in the GUI ALL your shared folders will be scanned so beware...

Any issues should be reported.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
nonolk

Post by nonolk »

Hello Sharkunter,

Good job, unfortunatly it just crash after adding one file in the library.
If you want, I can provide you the log if needed, but it end with memory issue with the garbage collector.

But thank you very much for your work, and I'm sure you will fix it.

Best regards,
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Yes Pls up with the logs (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556)

It works for me so it must be some small error...
nonolk

Post by nonolk »

Hello Sharkhunter,

Sorry for the delay, but here is the zip file containing all the requested logs.
I hope this will help.
ums_dbg.zip
(13.05 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
Best regards,
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Thx,

From the log we see

Code: Select all

at java.lang.String.replaceAll(Unknown Source)
INFO  2013-03-12 20:29:50.669 [Library Scanner] 	at net.pms.movieinfo.plugins.IMDBPlugin.getCast(IMDBPlugin.java:149)
INFO  2013-03-12 20:29:50.669 [Library Scanner] 	at net.pms.movieinfo.FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.gather(FileMovieInfoVirtualFolder.java:171)
INFO  2013-03-12 20:29:50.669 [Library Scanner] 	at net.pms.movieinfo.MovieDB.scanDir(MovieDB.java:315)
INFO  2013-03-12 20:29:50.669 [Library Scanner] 	at net.pms.movieinfo.MovieDB.run(MovieDB.java:338)
INFO  2013-03-12 20:29:50.669 [Library Scanner] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
which indicates that the plugin consumes LOTS of memory.

In your MOVIEINFO.conf file try and set

NumberOfActors=X
where you pick X rather small (say 7 or so) and try again.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It may also be that it doesn't release the memory, because usually my first lookup succeeds but the second one freezes the program
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Subjunk have you tried csfd plugin only?
For me it works without problems so if you will have same problems like with imdb, problem is on your side.
If it will work OK, problem should be imdb parser only?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

ExSport wrote:Subjunk have you tried csfd plugin only?
For me it works without problems so if you will have same problems like with imdb, problem is on your side.
If it will work OK, problem should be imdb parser only?
What's csfd?
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

The only diff I see between the CSFD and IMDB is that IMDB parses out cast pics (and character name) which CSFD doesn't. This is inherited code so I'm not 100% what goes on here...
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

@Subjunk, MovieInfo plugin includes parser plugins like IMDB, CSFD, etc.

#Plugins=IMDB,FILMWEB,CSFD,MOVIEMETER,ALLOCINE,MYMOVIES,OFDB,FILMDELTA,SENSACINE,ONFILM,KINOPOISK
For what I asked is to disable IMDB which is problematic for you and test CSFD only which (I am sure) works correctly.
If it will work for you then problem will not be whole MovieInfo plugin but IMDB parser which can have memory leak or something else why it freezes for you.
But if CSFD will not work for you same way as IMDB, then probably problem is on your side only and not in MovieInfo plugin.
I am using MovieInfo with CSFD only for years and never spotted any memory or freezing problem so we should narrow it with this easy test 8-)
@SharkHunter: Yes, as you say, actor pics and trailers are not retrieved (but movie poster works) and also another difference is that CSFD is "czech" parser (but has no problems to parse movie title in original language) :mrgreen:
Sharkhunter, do you have similar problems with IMDB as SubJunk described? When I tested IMDB I didn't spotted anything abnormal.