iTunes Playlist Source Data Location?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
netman63129

iTunes Playlist Source Data Location?

Post by netman63129 »

I'm having an issue where sometimes my iTunes playlists mp3 tag data is not updating on my UMS accessed using my PS3. Some playlists update, some take a while to update, and some never update (after changing mp3 tag data). I've deleted the UMS database but the old playlist mp3 tag data is still repopulating. I'm curious where UMS is pulling the iTunes mp3 tag data and if I can force an update?
netman63129

Re: iTunes Playlist Source Data Location?

Post by netman63129 »

The file that iTunes appears to use to populate the playlists is located at USER>My Music>iTunes>iTunes Music Library.xml. Of course, the mp3 tag data is correct in this file. This means that UMS is reading the data from another location...where? Also, the incorrect tag data is never read by iTunes because I fix them before loading the MP3s into iTunes. The only program that sees the incorrect data is Windows Media Player but I've also cleaned out this database. There must be a cache someplace but it is still a mystery :?