PS4 Media Server Update 1.50

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
CZSK

PS4 Media Server Update 1.50

Post by CZSK »

Hello everone. Sony released today 1.50 update for the media server. Here is the change log:

Version 1.50
- Arabic is now supported
- The closed captioning feature for videos has been improved
- [Display Mode] has been added to [Videos]
- The location of media in [Recently Played] and [Favourites] can now be displayed
- Stability during use of some features has been improved

Could the devs please check, if fast forwarding can now be made to work with transcoded files? I would do it myself, but sadly i have no idea how to do it.
There also seems to be a issue with a transcoded subtitles right now. Subtitles are skipping every few seconds for some reason. Tested on a UMS version 5.3.0 and 6.0.0. running on Windows 10.
I had no issues before the 1.50 update.

Here is also latest log file.

Thanks.
ums_dbg.zip
(68.56 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
radamo

Re: PS4 Media Server Update 1.50

Post by radamo »

I started watching a movie and I noticed I seemed to be getting DTS output which I don't remember working before. But then it just froze after maybe 10 minutes. Moved back to PS3 to finish the movie.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Could the devs please check, if fast forwarding can now be made to work with transcoded files? I would do it myself, but sadly i have no idea how to do it.
There also seems to be a issue with a transcoded subtitles right now. Subtitles are skipping every few seconds for some reason. Tested on a UMS version 5.3.0 and 6.0.0. running on Windows 10.
I am not sure if any of devs has a PS4 so we rely on the users to test. How? You can find in the DefaultRenderer.cont the section

Code: Select all

SeekByTime =
and its description. You can try to set all proposed values to your renderer.conf and test. Before you made a change stop the UMS and after change start it again.
Regarding the subtitles can you download the last build http://universalmediaserver-ci.hopto.or ... APSHOT.exe and try it?
CZSK

Post by CZSK »

valib wrote:
I am not sure if any of devs has a PS4 so we rely on the users to test. How? You can find in the DefaultRenderer.cont the section

Code: Select all

SeekByTime =
and its description. You can try to set all proposed values to your renderer.conf and test. Before you made a change stop the UMS and after change start it again.
Regarding the subtitles can you download the last build http://universalmediaserver-ci.hopto.or ... APSHOT.exe and try it?
I have installed UMS 5.3.2 (that you posted) and subtitles work again without any issues. Thanks.

I have also attached latest log file, where i transcode and play MPEG2 file and also where I try to play it without transcode. Without transcode PS4 says that the file cannot be played.
Is there an easy way for you guys to check if fast forwarding can work on PS4? Maybe Sony is blocking it for some reason.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(68.52 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

I just got a PS4 yesterday. As I have no games yet (they are in the mail), I thought I'd give this a go.

I downloaded and installed the 5.3.2 snapshot above, and tired all three options for SeekByTime, but none of them work. As I'm new to the PS4, I also noticed that there does not seem to be a GoTo option like in the PS3. That option saved the PS3 to allowing jumping back and forth, but now there's seems to be no way to jump around the file if you need to transcode. One thing I noticed, on the PS3 even when transcoding the PS3 knows how long the file is; on the PS4, it doesn't. The time is listed as --/--.

I'll add this here as well, but it's not part of the topic. With FFmpeg and "Use font settings" checked, all .ass subs are way too small compared to the PC version using MPC-HC, or no fontconfig usage. It's the same on the PS3 and PS4. It's as if the font scale is calculated wrong or something. However, the subs works for me as well without skipping or disappearing.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Madoka wrote: I'll add this here as well, but it's not part of the topic. With FFmpeg and "Use font settings" checked, all .ass subs are way too small compared to the PC version using MPC-HC, or no fontconfig usage. It's the same on the PS3 and PS4. It's as if the font scale is calculated wrong or something. However, the subs works for me as well without skipping or disappearing.
Madoka can you upload here as an example .ass subs file you are using an the similarly named file from the directory C:\ProgramData\UMS\data\subs when you use FFmpeg with "Use font settings" checked? The directory may vary depending on you installation setting.
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Hi valib.

There are no subs in that folder. This occurred after the 4b8fa01656f05bb4cbf16e42fe959cbe3310af7f commit so FFmpeg no longer generates temporary subs. I was excited about this change as I didn't like all the temporary subs FFmpeg would generate.

I would be happy to test any builds you produce to help figure out this issue.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Madoka

Post by Madoka »

It still does it, but it seems to be the same build as above, Build: 5a4ea3874 (2015-11-28). Were you trying to send me the new commit in the 3D branch?
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Sorry my bad. I made changes in other branch then master so the URL I provided is wrong. Are you able to make your own build via viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1782 from the 3Dsubs branch?