Help: Procedure to view every movie on TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
fank

Help: Procedure to view every movie on TV

Post by fank »

my samsung tv (EH6030) is often not able to play the newest movie, using allshare (DLNA server of samsung) or UMS. For sure trancoding is not working on them, probably because UMS thinks the tv is able to play. I installed k mega codecs, vlc (portable, but it seems to work).
Tried to create a custom profile, no luck. The problem is: how can I understand what movie my tv can play and what not? I think it's not an elegant solution to transcode everything, but if the only solution I will do it. There is for sure a movie I was able to see using the old AllSharePlay (2011 I think, very old sw never updated) and I can't on UMS.
valib
Developer

Re: Help: Procedure to view every movie on TV

Post by valib »

You can go to the TRANSCODE folder and there are subfolders for all media from the folder. For each media there is a [No transcoding] option and you can test if your TV is capable to play it.
fank

Re: Help: Procedure to view every movie on TV

Post by fank »

I tried, but for a specific movie that worked using samsung allshareplay it didn't work. I installed later k mega codecs pack but I didn't try. I'll give another chance.