Streaming 1080 DTS... WHERE is the BOTTLENECK...

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
ice1505

Streaming 1080 DTS... WHERE is the BOTTLENECK...

Post by ice1505 »

Hi all..

Need help ,

I have the latest server , been using ums for a long time now., but i allways had a problem and i thought it had to be my pc specs that was to low..

BUT., now i have Gtx 760 2gb... i have amd fx 4350 Quad Core 4.2ghz ., 16 gb kingston beast ram. ssd hard drive.. gigabit lan.... so my specs are fine now.

My problem is that i cannot stream a 720p nor 1080p with dts perfectly... as soon as there is alot of detail for example forrest., water ect. it gets pixalatet., sound drops and sometimes picture stops completly.

Im streaming to a sony bravia kdl-40w705c using the media player in the tv.... The media player alone plays files perfectly when used on usb..

It does not matter if i try no transcoding and neither if i try all the different ways to transcode..

So it HAS to be something to do with settings i presume, as streaming a full hd move should not be a problem.. i mean a usb 1 has enough transfer speed to play 720p with dts..

Really hope there are some dudes or dudettes out there that have had this problem and can help solving this problem..

Thanks all for reading..
squadjot

Re: Streaming 1080 DTS... WHERE is the BOTTLENECK...

Post by squadjot »

What render config are you using?
It can be the renderer receiving too much data.
If your config does not have this, try add following and see if it helps.

Code: Select all

MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 35
You can play around with the value to tweak it.

Test with something with alot of details.. for example the matrix intro.. or the arrow scene from 300.
Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqan54VUSq0 :P
ice1505

Post by ice1505 »

Hi .,

Sorry for the late reply...

Im using the Sony Bravia W render config file.. the file did not contain the string you mentioned so i added it., tried to tweak the value with with 5 increments each time.. so gone from 35-40-45-50 ect... and up to 100 without success..

Is there anything else i can try ? and i am now confident that my hardware is not doing me wrong as it works when using plex media server., which i hate by the way:..

I REALLY WANT to get this working as i have not found a media server i like exept for ums..

Thanks in advance

Ice1505
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

What if you set it even lower?.. 20..or 15.

I have a Sony Bravia W5500, and if i dont limit the bandwidth, the TV will sometimes receive too much data and the movie will start to stutter (it's network interface is only 100 mb afaik)
ice1505

Post by ice1505 »

Hi again ,,

Sry but no banana there... it got worse by going there.. played around yesterday with only 1 increase.. and it hits a sweet spot on 68 but still stuttering, just not nearly as much..

There must be some settings im getting wrong, or just need to tweak..

Ice1505

PS: and thanks for the help...
MrBlueSky

Post by MrBlueSky »

Are the files you're streaming on the SSD, or are they on a HDD?
If the latter, try moving the file, temporarily to the SSD, it could be the HDD.

I had an HDD bottleneck issue, which was resolved by streaming from a different, faster HDD.

Hope this helps
ice1505

Post by ice1505 »

Hey Mate..,

Thanks for good advice, but unfortunately no change... and i just dont get it...

I have all the right hardware , and with other servers there is no problem what so ever... but ums just dont want to get it right.. and i hate that as this is my favourite server EVER...

But thanks again mate, hope i figure this out before i get gray hair...

Ice1505
ice1505

Post by ice1505 »

Somebody ??? there must be someone that has some ideas ?

ice1505
Triplefun

Post by Triplefun »

Have you tried wmp? See http://www.sony-asia.com/microsite/brav ... index.html. this should help determine if the problem is with ums or something else?
ice1505

Post by ice1505 »

Hi Triple..

I can play dts just fine with many other dlna / upnp servers.... just not the one i REALLY WANT TO USE... UMS.... this is getting me so frustrated it aint even funny..

But thanks for the link..

Ice1505