Lan problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
vladysymo

Lan problem

Post by vladysymo »

Hi . I recently switched TV from WIFI to LAN and UMS now no longer sees my TV (Samsung J5500) and the router is a HG655b.
Nadahar

Re: Lan problem

Post by Nadahar »

I'm assuming that UMS still is on Wifi and that your router is set up so those are different subnets. If your HG655b is your internet router and your TV is connected to one of the yellow ports it should work. If you have two routers and the HG655b only serves as a Wifi router/access point, you need to switch it to bridged mode.
vladysymo

Post by vladysymo »

So PC is on LAN 1 and TV is on LAN 2 both are connected to this router ( HG655b ) , ever since I passed TV on WIFI ->LAN , UMS no longer sees TV.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(30.15 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi @vladysymo,

at least UMS see your Samsung MU6290 TV on your Wi-Fi key.
So are you sure that your J5500 TV doesn't have an option to autorize the media server to be connected ? Some TVs would not detect media server without correctly configurate it.

If you didn't already did, try to wait 2 to 5 minutes, as sometimes it could need some delay before appear.

General note:
You are using a version of Java 32-bit on your 64-bit OS.
vladysymo

Post by vladysymo »

When the TV was connected via WIFI everything went well until I put it on the cable. I'm sure the TV doesn't have an option to authorize the media server.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I think you have a simple network configuration problem. According to your log UMS use 10.0.0.2, while there's a Samsung TV on 10.0.0.7. However, the network card having address 10.0.0.2 is "802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card". This is, as the name suggests, a Wifi card and doesn't communicate with your router via a network cable. You do have what seems to be a wired network interface, "Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller" (probably on the motherboard), but it has no configued IP address so it's not used. That means that no traffic goes via the network cable to your router, and thus nothing connected to the router has connectivity to the computer running UMS.

Another thing to look out for is that you're using the 10.0.0.0 subnet, which can be a bit confusing. For UMS to communicate with the renderers, they have to be on the same subnet. While the most commonly used subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 (/24), some (including Windows by default AFAICR) default to 255.0.0.0 (/8) for the 10.x subnet. If you have some devices using one mask and others using the other it won't work.

If you fix your network configuration, it will work just fine. If you can't get it to work after configuring the network correctly, please post the IP addresses and subnet masks used on the UMS computer and the renderer that doesn't work.