Missing Files from UMS to Panasonic Smart TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Miklos

Re: Missing Files from UMS to Panasonic Smart TV

Post by Miklos »

Thanks for checking the Log, Nadahar

I did as you suggested - and when I removed the umlaut from the German "U" on both the Folder & File names, they both were identified by the Panasonic TV and played fine.

Sorted :-)

Once again, thanks for all your help.

Cheers
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It's not exactly sorted, ideally it would work also with Unicode characters, but it's complicated as UMS is Java, MediaInfo is C++ and something goes wrong when passing the filename from the Java code to the C++ code on some platforms.

I found the GitHub issue descibing this bug, and it seems the problem is both on Linux and OS X. It works on Windows.
I guess some further effort should be put into figuring this out, but there are so many things to put effort into ;)
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Actually I think I might have fixed it. It would be nice if you would test it: http://superbum.org/downloads/UMS-UnicodeTest.dmg

My upload is quite slow, so the file won't be finished uploading until about 20 minutes from now, so please don't try to download it before that.

Any feedback is appreciated.
Miklos

Post by Miklos »

Thanks again, Nadahar, for all your help and input.

I have downloaded your .dmg but when I try to add this across to my Application Folder I am getting a message about replacing the newer (installed) UMS with an older version (this 'new' one). Shall I go ahead - don't want to upset anything I already have since UMS is otherwise working GREAT!

Cheers ;-)
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I don't know how I managed, but I posted the wrong link. Forget about the DMG you downloaded, try the edited link :oops:
Miklos

Post by Miklos »

Not a worry, Nadahar - I'm only pleased that you have been so patient with me.

I now have replaced my UMS with your newer 6.7.2 and can report that I have now got full access via the Panasonic TV.

Where the folders previously came up empty - all the relevant individual mp4's are now playing as good as ever.

I have not encountered anything untoward happening - so all is looking good for your new version :-)

I will update anything that happens further down the line.....

All the Best
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Great, thank you.
Miklos

Post by Miklos »

Just thought that I would touch base and update on the performance of UMS 6.7.2

Since I moved onto this around a month back, I have encountered NO problems with either video (mp4) aimed at my Panasonic TV or with either 16/44 or 24/96 audio (flac, etc) sent out to my Maranz streamer.

As far as I'm concerned - it definitely looks like it has the thumbs-up ;-)
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Great. 6.7.2 is officially out now, so you could use that version instead of this "fix".