Missing Files from UMS to Panasonic Smart TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Miklos

Missing Files from UMS to Panasonic Smart TV

Post by Miklos »

I use UMS 6.6.0 (1)

I am currently using UMS & my archived media files on a Mac using 10.12.5

I can usually stream files (audio & video) out to my Panasonic TX55AS650B Smart TV without any problems

Recently, the Panasonic has been identifying Folders correctly streamed out from UMS but sometimes has no content when opened

All of the video files are saved as mp4

The current story is that when I introduce folders into UMS - the first folder that I activate via the Panasonic TV works fine - but when I choose another folder the contents are usually missing

Any suggestions?

Cheers :-)
Nadahar

Re: Missing Files from UMS to Panasonic Smart TV

Post by Nadahar »

Please follow the instructions in red above.
Miklos

Post by Miklos »

Here is the log - Cheers ;-)
ums_dbg.zip
(24.57 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Unfortunately the "Create TRACE logs" function seems to be broken on OS X. I just tested it myself on a 10.12 VM, and it doesn't work as intended.

What you will have to do instead, is to set "Log Level" to "Trace" manually on the "Logs" tab, and then restart UMS manually.

When the testing is over, you should change it back to "Debug" or "Info", because "Trace" produces very large log files. You should also upgrade to the latest version, 6.7.1, since we have made improvements to the logging which might help us get more or better information from the log file.
Miklos

Post by Miklos »

Thanks for your advice, Nadahar - much appreciated

I can follow your instructions but am unsure how to integrate them into the 'normal' bug reporting procedure.

"What you will have to do instead, is to set "Log Level" to "Trace" manually on the "Logs" tab, and then restart UMS manually."

After setting "Log Level" to "Trace" do I close down the application? ("restart UMS manually") and continue as previously listed (below)?

Sorry if I am missing something.

Cheers :-)

Start UMS
Go to the Logs tab
Choose "Trace" from the "Log Level" dropdown at the bottom. For the UMS version 5.2.3+ press the "Create TRACE logs" button which restarts UMS in the TRACE mode
Reproduce the bug
Click "Pack debug files" on the lower left
Click "Zip selected files"
Save the zip file to a location you will remember
Attach the zip file to your support thread (or start a new one) using the "Upload attachment" tab below the main text input box
If you are unable to add an attachment to our forum, you can use an upload site like Uploaded
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Yes, after setting "Log Level" to Trace, quit UMS and start it again.

WHen that's done, reproduce the issue (do what doesn't work) and when that's done continue with "Pack debug files".
Miklos

Post by Miklos »

Thanks for your explanation, Nadahar - hopefully I have completed as asked.

BTW I am now using UMS 6.7.1 as advised.

Logs attached.

Cheers ;-)
ums_dbg.zip
(32.14 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I can't see anything wrong in your log. It's important that you recreate the error while you're making the log file, that is, browse until it shows up empty. I can't see any sign in your log that you did this..?
Miklos

Post by Miklos »

Sorry about that, Nadahar

This time this is a complete log up until I receive the 'empty' folder on the Panasonic TV.

I deleted all the previous Shared Folders from UMS and added just 3 new Folders. The first 2 opened and played fine, however the 3rd Folder came up empty although it was identified on screen. The folder contains 3 .mp4 files that loaded onto a USB play fine through the TV.

Checking the last lines on the Log it says that these 3 files "could not be parsed. It will be hidden."

Thanks again for all your attention (and patience!).

Cheers ;-)
ums_dbg.zip
(77.6 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Thank you, that was a lot more useful ;)

The reason for the error unfortunately isn't revealed, but I know we've had some problems with non-ASCII file names and MediaInfo on some platforms. Could you try to rename one of the files to only contain ASCII characters and see it that makes the file visible?