6.7.0 won't show video files on XBox 360 * SOLVED *

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
omnius

Re: 6.7.0 won't show video files on XBox 360 * SOLVED *

Post by omnius »

Thank you for fixing the issue - I recently installed the latest version, though I haven't tried it on the 360 yet, I've gotten used to using other devices :D . I did want to mention, though, that the new version is still using the Nokia n900.conf for my Onkyo TX-NR656. I haven't tried streaming music to the Onkyo yet to see if the N900 config works, since there doesn't seem to be a 6xx series conf file in existence. I'll try and do that soon and let you know.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'd bet the Onkyo 7xx or 8xx profiles would work better than the N900. Something should be done with the N900 configuration, it's too general. Actually, the Onkyo 7xx profile is quite terrible - but we haven't been able to update it because we need to be able to test the capabilities for one. The 8xx profile is much better, so I'd use that if it works. It wouldn't surprise me it the 6xx, 7xx and 8xx turns out to support the exact same things, so some testing and feedback on the 6xx could help us "broaden" the 8xx profile if I'm right.
omnius

Post by omnius »

OK, here's what happened. After reading your last message I opened UMS again and somehow (don't ask how because I have no idea what I did :D ) it came up with the default receiver icon and when I clicked on it it said something about "start a new config". It wanted to call it "Onkyo TX-NR656 E41930.conf" so I let it :D , selected the 8xx.conf as a reference, and it saved it (again, I don't remember clicking a save button but I must have somewhere) and showed the 8xx icon. Went downstairs and tried it, and it worked fine - it saw all my MP3 folders and I played a couple of selections. So I came back upstairs, found an image online, resized etc and saved to the .jar and edited the .conf to reference it, and now when I bring up UMS it uses the 656 config and the icon looks like my receiver instead of a phone. There is joy in Mudville ...

I haven't looked in the help yet, but since you're here - is there any way to set up a playlist in UMS? It doesn't recognize the ones I have set up for Windows Media Player, not that I really expected it to though maybe that's something to put in the suggestion box :idea:
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

That's great to hear, although ideally we should get you to test more file types (FLAC, M4A, WAV etc.) and see what works and not. We could then make a standard renderer configuration that would work with the 6xx series that would come with UMS as standard. But, I don't really have the time to do that, so unless @Sami32 is up for it I guess it will have to wait.

There are some playlist support, although I don't remember what formats. I think M3U and M3U8 are supported at least. I've never actually tried it so I have no idea how well it works, but I think you're supposed to put the playlist files among your shared files. If they are being picket up correctly, I think the playlists will show up as "folders" with the individual tracks inside them when browsing.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hello omnius,

here a renderer for you:
Onkyo-TXNR6xx.conf
(2.09 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
If you use a wireless connection you will need to limit the sampling rate to 88200 Hz as i noted into the renderer comment.

Enjoy ;)

As a side note, a recent firmware update from the 31 august 2017 is available:
http://www.it.onkyo.com/en/articles/fir ... 30558.html

EDIT: You will have to test for FLAC support via wireless, as i'm not sure it support it.
omnius

Post by omnius »

Thanks, I'll probably compare it with the one I did (just out of curiosity, not that I'd know what any of the numbers meant :D ) then replace mine with yours. Just for shiggles I've attached the .png for the 656, not sure if it'll work as a generic 6xx but there it is.
Attachments
Onkyo-TXNR656.png
Onkyo-TXNR656.png (30.09 KiB) Viewed 5830 times