6.7.0 won't show video files on XBox 360 * SOLVED *

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
pilotsr

Re: 6.7.0 won't show video files on XBox 360

Post by pilotsr »

Any updates on this? I as well am experiencing issues with XBOX 360 not being able to find files since the 6.7.0 update. I was hoping it would be resolved on 6.7.1 but was not, so unfortunately had to revert back to 6.6.0. Would be great to have it work on the newer versions. Thx in advance.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There's no progress this far because we haven't figured out the reason for the problem. A lot has changed in 6.7.x so it's not obvious what's causing the problem for the Xbox. None of the developers have a 360, so we're relying on users being willing to do tests so we can figure out the cause.

I've created an issue for tracking this problem where I've asked for possible testers without much response: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1306

If you, or anyone else with a 360, are willing to do testing (try different "test" versions of UMS where we change "one thing at the time") and report back the results, we'll hopefully be able to pinpoint the problem. Once the problem is known, the fix is probably easy.
pilotsr

Post by pilotsr »

I'd like to think there are more XBOX 360 users out there, but just not reporting the issue. I personally used to use a PS3 with UMS for streaming but it died "yellow light of death" lol. I just signed up for a Github account and would more than glad to test out test versions of UMS. As of now I've reverted back to 6.6.0 but if needed can update back to the most recent version, you would just have to let me know what would be needed as far as logs and where to send them to. Cheers!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Thanks.

I'll get back to you when I've made something for you to test. It will take some days as I'm currently bugged down in a couple of other issues, but I'll jump right on it as soon as I've finished the ones I have "open".

I'm sure there are more 360 users out there, but I need one I can communicate with to get anywhere ;)
pilotsr

Post by pilotsr »

Hey there, was hoping this issue was resolved in 6.7.2 but unfortunately it is not. Folders are still showing as empty having no content on Xbox 360. I am still willing to assist troubleshoot as per my github post, however have not heard back regarding what is needed. Thanks!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

6.7.2 was released without this being fixed. There's another issue I'm working on that I think is related, so I want to complete that before starting testing the 360 issue. It has turned out to be much more work than I anticipated, which is why you haven't heard anything. I haven't forgotten about it though, so I'll post in the GitHub issue once I have something for you to test.
pilotsr

Post by pilotsr »

No worries, still standing by and checking posts daily to see when I can assist. Thx for the work you do :)
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I haven't gotten any reply from @pilotsr lately, so I'm assuming that you're on vacation or unavailable for some other reason.

We need to have somebody with an Xbox 360 test the latest code to see if it has resolved the problem, so if @omnius or anybody else is available to do this test please reply. We want to make another release soon, and it would be very nice to have this issue solved in the release.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

After getting feedback on the last test, I've uploaded what I hope is the final test here. There is currently an issue with the forum registration, so if someone is able and willing to test but unable to post here, please post here instead.
Nadahar

Re: 6.7.0 won't show video files on XBox 360 * SOLVED *

Post by Nadahar »

I'd like to thank all that have been involved in testing and reporting this issue, it's seems that we found the problem at last. The fix will be a part of the soon-upcoming 6.7.3 version and the next 7.0.0 release candidate.