VLC for Android playback error

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
asmol

VLC for Android playback error

Post by asmol »

Hello!
When i try to play DVD with your server (latest version) on my Android TV box with Bubble UPNP browser and VLC player, VLC returns me an error which say that the link cannot be played... How can i fix this problem? All settings are normal and set as we've discussed in another topic in Linux section. The log files are attached. Please, help me to solve this problem.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(424.03 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
Nadahar

Re: VLC for Android playback error

Post by Nadahar »

It seems that you're trying to play an encrypted DVD without having "libdvdcss" installed/available. I have no knowledge about how to use libdvdcss.

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2017-06-15 15:35:31.263 [mplayer.exe-31-2] net.pms.io.OutputTextLogger libdvdread: Could not open D:\VIDEO_TS with libdvdcss.
DEBUG 2017-06-15 15:35:31.263 [mplayer.exe-31-2] net.pms.io.OutputTextLogger libdvdread: Can't open D:\VIDEO_TS for reading
DEBUG 2017-06-15 15:35:31.263 [mplayer.exe-31-2] net.pms.io.OutputTextLogger libdvdread: Device D:\VIDEO_TS inaccessible, CSS authentication not available.
Can you try to play an unencrypted DVD to see if it's working properly then?
asmol

Post by asmol »

Hey, Nadahar, I unload the encryptor software and I think it all worked. Thanks in advice! ;) There remains only one question: can I search in the time line of the player in MEncoder mode? Now this function is turned off for me... And how do I get to encode such extensions as MKV and AVI? They are now playing in the original format.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'm sorry but the seeking is something I really don't know much about, so I can't answer that.

I don't understand why you'd want to transcode formats that play natively, native playback will allow seeking and are the best quality. If you really want to, you'd have to configure the renderer configuration file (for example Google-Android-BubbleUPnP-MXPlayer.conf) and change it to fit your wishes. I don't know anything about Android TVs, but I think MXPlayer is a better choice than VLC for Android, and that's what the current configuration file is made for.

You could make a copy of the file and rename it, and then modify it to suite your needs. You would then have to disable the BubbleUPnP/MXPlayer configuration in UMS' configuration, to avoid UMS using that profile. Since all UMS can really "detect" is BubbleUPnP, only one "BubbleUPnP profile" can be active or UMS will just pick the first one.
asmol

Post by asmol »

Yes you are right. I just could not figure out the function of resume of your server, but now everything seems to be in order and I can use it. Even on the original files. So thank you for your help and support. Be sure to contact you again if required! ;)