Cant Play any video file anymore

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
lam000

Cant Play any video file anymore

Post by lam000 »

Hello

It worked fine, I could play video files, but all of sudden i cant anymore.
everytime I attemp to play a video file my tv just says unexpected error even videos which I already watched before
i cant watch anymore but they work all fine on an external hard drive.

Regards
ums_dbg.zip
(94.19 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Sami32

Re: Cant Play any video file anymore

Post by Sami32 »

Hello,

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2017-06-25 17:37:52.773 [AWT-EventQueue-0] net.pms.newgui.RendererPanel Failed to open default desktop application: java.io.IOException: Failed to open D:\Programme\Universal Media Server\renderers\Samsung-NotCD.conf. Error message: Der angegebenen Datei ist keine Anwendung zugeordnet.
Viewing media with that default Samsung renderer seem to me a demonstration how smart some TVs can be ;)

That's said you should force the "Samusung 9 Series" renderer, or unselect the others, as you like;
because the default Samsung renderer's configuration file is far from optimal for your renderer.
You should use FFmpeg as first choice video engine, as MEncoder is really obsolete now, very limited.

As a side note, if you need subtitles support, you will need to install UMS 6.7.1 or 6.5.3 version.
lam000

Post by lam000 »

Sami32 wrote:Hello,

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2017-06-25 17:37:52.773 [AWT-EventQueue-0] net.pms.newgui.RendererPanel Failed to open default desktop application: java.io.IOException: Failed to open D:\Programme\Universal Media Server\renderers\Samsung-NotCD.conf. Error message: Der angegebenen Datei ist keine Anwendung zugeordnet.
Viewing media with that default Samsung renderer seem to me a demonstration how smart some TVs can be ;)

That's said you should force the "Samusung 9 Series" renderer, or unselect the others, as you like;
because the default Samsung renderer's configuration file is far from optimal for your renderer.
You should use FFmpeg as first choice video engine, as MEncoder is really obsolete now, very limited.

As a side note, if you need subtitles support, you will need to install UMS 6.7.1 or 6.5.3 version.
Hi,
Thanks for your answer, I have tried to start it with the samsung 9 series conf, but it is still not working,
my tv is showing unexpectet error or in some rare cases just an endless loading symbol.
internet itself is working fine, cause netflix or amazon prime is working, I also tried it with disabling my antivirus and firewall still not working

Regards
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(172.68 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

You didn't forced the renderer as asked, you've modified it, and that why you've this issue now.

Delete the one you've modified and add this renderer: (delete the fake .txt extension before add it inside your UMS renderer subfolder.
Samsung-8series.conf.txt
(4.04 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
lam000

Post by lam000 »

Sami32 wrote:You didn't forced the renderer as asked, you've modified it, and that why you've this issue now.

Delete the one you've modified and add this renderer: (delete the fake .txt extension before add it inside your UMS renderer subfolder.
ums_dbg.zip
(184.91 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Hi,

I have downloaded your profile and moved it into the folder, and the TV is using it, and i think if you mean with forcing it setting it in the general tab
I also did this time, but it is still not working.

Regards
ums_dbg.zip
(184.91 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
EDIT : It is working again, seems like my TV had a problem, i resetet the TV