6.7.1 sharing all drives

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
wumpus

6.7.1 sharing all drives

Post by wumpus »

I recently upgraded from UMS-6.6.0-Java8.exe to UMS-6.7.1.exe.

Before the UMS upgrade, when browsing UMS from my PS3 I would see the list folders that were under the folders which I had explicitly shared in the UMS configuration "Navigation/Share Settings" tab. After upgrading, when I browse UMS with my PS3 I see all my drives listed and a "Web" folder, not the folders I explicitly entered under the shared folders. Is this expected behavior or should I file a problem report?

Windows 10 Pro 1703, 15063.413
Java 8 Update 131 (32 & 64)
UMS 6.7.1
Nadahar

Re: 6.7.1 sharing all drives

Post by Nadahar »

This is not expected behaviour, and we've had no other reports of this that I know of either. Have you tried to configure your shared folders again? It the answer isn't that easy, please post debug files as described above.
wumpus

Post by wumpus »

When I updated I chose the "clean install" (or somesuch) option and ran the configuration wizard. Then went in and added my public Videos, Music and Pictures folders (as I always do). I've just tried removing the folders and re-adding them. Same behavior. I'll submit a problem report per the guidelines.

I run UMS with admin authority, if it matters.
wumpus

Post by wumpus »

Attached are
The ums_dbg.zip file
A screencap of the config tab
A pic of the PS3 screen.
Attachments
IMG_3536.JPG
IMG_3536.JPG (1002.15 KiB) Viewed 10205 times
Navigation-n-Share_Settings.png
Navigation-n-Share_Settings.png (52.35 KiB) Viewed 10205 times
ums_dbg.zip
(42 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

I think there is an issue where you have to restart the program to change the shared folders, it has been an issue for a very long time. Try quitting the program and starting it again, and it should work as you expect :)
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There is something very weird going on, if you look at the log file @SubJunk you will see that a lot of events is repeated many times.

@wumpus: Are you running multiple instances of UMS, or is UMS running as a service? Your log file wasn't correct, it didn't have "trace" mode enabled so a lot of information is missing.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

@nadahar Looks like the PS3 is spammy with its ALIVE messages and that maybe we don't limit the threading for that "Recognized media renderer" part. I get the same in my logs except with 16 threads (likely related to CPU hardware)
wumpus

Post by wumpus »

I'm only running one UMS instance and it's under Administrator.
I thought I'd followed the Problem Reporting Guidlines to the letter. I did "enter" the UMS tree twice from the PS3 to reproduce the behavior a couple times.

Stopping and starting UMS fixed it. Thanks!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

You must have skipped this step:
Choose "Trace" from the "Log Level" dropdown at the bottom. For the UMS version 5.2.3+ press the "Create TRACE logs" button which restarts UMS in the TRACE mode
Had you done that, the log would be like it should, and UMS would already have been restarted and the problem solved.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

@SubJunk I edited step 3 in the guideline to make it clearer.