Turn off "replay" icon overlay

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
wumpus

Turn off "replay" icon overlay

Post by wumpus »

Is there a way to turn off "replay" icon overlay (the circular arrow)? I'd like to turn it off for music files (maybe by file extension?), or all files if not just music files.

As an aside, it doesn't seem to be being applied correctly. For example, I've listened to all the files in a particular directory, but not all the file icons have a "replay" overlay. See attached image from the web interface. The icons displayed by a PS3 interfacing with UMS exhibit the same behavior.

My env:
Windows 10 Pro 1703, 15063.413
Java 8 Update 131 (32 & 64)
UMS 6.7.1
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(51.18 KiB) Downloaded 385 times
webinterface.jpg
webinterface.jpg (81.43 KiB) Viewed 9432 times
Nadahar

Re: Turn off "replay" icon overlay

Post by Nadahar »

You can configure this per shared folder. If you have your music in a different folder than video or image files, you can enable and disable it for the folders you want to. You can also turn it completely off just above where you configure your shared folders.

When it comes to not all being registered as "played" there might be some bugs there, but you'd need to give a more specific example. There is a limitation of how short playtime a media item can have for the "played" status to be registered, maybe the tracks that doesn't show the icon (and that's played) are shorter than the others?
wumpus

Post by wumpus »

Cool. I do keep my music files in a different directory hierarchy so I'll turn it off for the Music. All those files had been played through in their entirety. There's a zip file with trace log info attached with the pic, if it'll help. It only shows my navigating into the directory though, not playing them through.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

To have a chance to figure out why some weren'r marked as played, we'd need the log from when you played them.
wumpus

Post by wumpus »

K. I'll do that in a bit and post the debug info according to the guidelines to this thread.
wumpus

Post by wumpus »

Ok. I enabled trace and played all the files in that same directory. and now they all show the "replay" overlay. Guess I'll have to chalk this one up to PEBKAC.

Sorry.
wumpus

Post by wumpus »

Crap. So I turned off "Monitor played status of files" for my Music directory share, but the replay overlay still shows up on the icons. I've stopped and started UMS and tried "Reset cache" but neither clears the overlays. How do I clear the overlays?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Unless there's a serious bug in UMS I'm not aware of, the overlays should be gone when you've done that, especially after "Reset cache". The most likely explanation is that your renderer caches the thumbnails. In the web interface it might be that your browser caches them, but the PS3 doesn't do that as far as I know. Are they still there also with the PS3?
wumpus

Post by wumpus »

It's hit and miss. Even with a forced refresh of FFox (CTL-F5) some icons have the overlay and others don't. But the ones that do have the overlay are the same via the UMS web interface and the PS3 . Is it worth a tracefile? What should I capture, just browsing into the tree via the web interface then the PS3?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It's a UMS bug then, and partially a bug in my brain that didn't remember how this was done. It's not worth fixing, as the affected code is completely rewritten in 7.0.0 (hopefully a similar bug isn't there), so there's no reason to make a new trace log.

What you need to do to reset the "played" status of all files is to delete the file located at:

Code: Select all

<profile folder>/data/UMS.mon
In your case (and in all default Windows installations) that translates to "%ProgramData%\UMS\data\UMS.mon" which is usually "C:\ProgramData\UMS\data\UMS.mon". To open the folder in Windows explorer, enter "%ProgramData%\UMS\data" in the "Run" dialog (Windows + R). If you don't want to loose the "fully played" information for video files, you can edit the file and delete just the lines you want (but it can be a lot of lines, so it's probably not worth it).

What I do in cases like that (where I want to delete a lot of lines in a text file), is to use Notepad++ or any other regex-capable editor to search and replace with nothing. In this case, a search phrase of

Code: Select all

^entry=<path>[^\r\n]*\R
..should work if you replace "<path>" with the actual path to your music files and do a "replace all" while having the replace field empty. It will delete any line starting with that path.