Samsung TV won't detect UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
witek

Samsung TV won't detect UMS

Post by witek »

Hi, I need help with UMS because my Samsung UE46F6320 SmartTV won't detect it even though but UMS does detect my TV. I know that this is a known issue, for me it started a few months ago and I tried to fix it on my own with no luck. So here is what I've already tried.

1. Doing a clean install of UMS.
2. Trying different versions of UMS.
3. Enabling javaw.exe in Windows Firewall.
4. Enabling TCP 5001 5002 and 9001 and UDP ports 1900 inbound and outbound for UMS in Windows Firewall.
5. Someone suggested to delete a line starting with uuid= from the UMS config file but I can't find it there.

I've looked in both Sources and SmartHub but I can't seem to find UMS anywhere. Now i'm using UMS 6.72. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks in advance :).
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Trace log and other files
(51.25 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
Nadahar

Re: Samsung TV won't detect UMS

Post by Nadahar »

It sounds very much like a firewall that is blocking the signals. Try simply disabling Windows firewall and see if that helps. If it does and you don't want to disable it permanently, at least you know that the problem is with the firewall rules.
witek

Post by witek »

Thanks for the reply. You were right. After I've disabled my firewall I could use UMS without any problems. So now how do I find out what is being blocked?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I don't really know Windows firewall since I don't use it, but my "standard" approach to figuring out what is being dropped in a firewall is to turn on as much logging as I can on any drop or reject rules and then filter the log on the relevant IP addresses. Depending on the log, it might or might not be easy from there. Some logs will include the rules that made the drop or reject, making it easier to pin down.
witek

Post by witek »

I've checked Windows Firewall logs, but apparently after I've turned Windows Firewall off and on UMS was detected by my TV normally. So I guess there is no need to work on this anymore, I the mean time I got a Java Update, maybe that changed something. Dunno. Anyway thanks for the help, keep up the good work guys! :)