Web Interface.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
boss

Web Interface.

Post by boss »

I am running UMS (headless) on Gentoo Linux.
http://192.168.0.2:9001 gives me access to my media and also documentation and to view log files and conf files.
Is it possible to actually do any configuration (make changes) to settings from the browser?
Nadahar

Re: Web Interface.

Post by Nadahar »

No, that's not implemented. Running headless, your only option is to edit UMS.conf manually. You need to stop UMS before editing UMS.conf, or you changes will probably be overwritten.
boss

Post by boss »

Maybe a thought for the future.
Serviio has the function and it works very nicely.

Cheers
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There are many ways to Rome. Normally you don't need to configure very much once the configuration is "figured ou". You could install UMS on a desktop computer and configure it with the GUI, and then copy the settings file UMS.conf to the headless computer. The shares and any other paths would have to be edited, but it should work except for that.

It's also possible to enable a "Server settings" folder so that you can use a renderer to configure some things, but I've never tested it so I don't know how well it works.

I'm aware that there's really no "GUI config" available to headless users, but very few users run UMS that way. Also, if you use the default UMS.conf as a starting point, most of the options are relatively well documented.