Error streaming to TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Nephillus

Error streaming to TV

Post by Nephillus »

Loaded UMS on to my PC. Had it streaming to my Samsung 65Inch television (Model UA65MU6100)
Everything was working perfectly for a while. Was super happy with it all
then about 1 week ago roughly it stopped playing tv shows or movies.

I kept getting the following (hopefully the attached picture works.

Error
An Error has occoured

[Skip] [Stop] <----these are buttons i can select and click in the TV

I tried updating UMS, followed a couple of threads in the forum with regards to java issues. Changing/adding renderer config files. I'm at a loss as to why it would stop working.

Ive also attached what i hope is a Debug file as per the steps in the How to ask for help thread.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(130.78 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
20170730_185021.jpg
20170730_185021.jpg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 3291 times
Nadahar

Re: Error streaming to TV

Post by Nadahar »

Hi Nephillus,

The attached debug files are from an old version of UMS (6.6.0). Please install the latest version and create new debug files. 6.7.3 with some important bug fixes are just about to be released, so you might want to wait for that unless you don't mind doing the installation twice in a few days. The newer versions have much better logging for issues like this, which makes it much easier for us to track what is going on. It's imporatant that you recreate the problem while you make the log file, I can't tell for sure if you did or not, but there's nothing that indicates that anything went wrong in the debug files you attached as far as I can see. Even if the problem is on the renderer (TV) side, we usually get an unexpected disconnect in our log - which I can't find in your file.

Something must have changed about a week ago when this problem started. Did you update your TV? Does it auto-update, if so does it keep any "log" of when it's updated? Did you update anything on your computer at that time? Does this error appear as soon as you try to play a video? Have you tried audio files or images, do they work?

Although is shouldn't cause such an issue, I see that you're using a 32 bit Java on a 64 bit Windows. It can sometimes cause some strange issues, I recommend that you uninstall your current Java and install a 64 bit version.
Nephillus

Re: Error streaming to TV

Post by Nephillus »

The telly is brand new like less than a month as far as i know it has not updated. Ill do as suggested and wait on the UMS update install that and give it another go

the Java thing Ill rectify as well.. could have sworn I had the right one. must have screwed up something there

Thanks mate :)