new SRT files not loaded automatically in UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Gilles

new SRT files not loaded automatically in UMS

Post by Gilles »

I have searched the forum until 2015 and I have not found anything about this issue.

When I add a new avi or mkv file in the right directory, it is shown in the UMS list on my TV.

If I add a new srt file for this new movie, UMS doesn't detect it and doesn't show it when I play the movie on my TV. The only way I have is to stop and restart UMS each time that I am adding a new movie along with a SRT file.
I run UMS V6.7.2 on Windows 7 as an administrator .

The profile for the TV is : Sony Bravia 5500.

Thanks for your help.
Gilles
Nadahar

Re: new SRT files not loaded automatically in UMS

Post by Nadahar »

I'm afraid that's how it works for now. 7.0.0 should address that when it's released. You could click the "scan" button on the "Sharing/Navigation" tab instead of restarting, but restarting is probably faster.
Gilles

Post by Gilles »

Thanks for the status.

I thought that I might have misconfigured UMS.
Let's wait for UMS 7.0.0 then.

Thanks for this awesome software.

Gilles
Gilles

Post by Gilles »

Hi,
I come back because it still doesn't work for me. I run UMS V7.5.0 on Windows 7.

I thought this issue (see the subject) would have been fixed in the Version 7.

Yesterday I have added a movie along with its srt file. The movie has automatically been detected by UMS but not the srt file, so I always need to stop/start UMS to have the subtitles.

Another solution: is there a way to schedule a daily UMS stop/start? What would be the best way, knowing that I may change, but today , i don't run it as a service.

Thanks for your help ?
Gilles
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

7.0.0 was supposed to handle this, but as it turns out there are many things that doesn't work like it should. I'm not a member of UMS anymore, but from what I see there's not much focus on fixing existing issues, instead there's a push for 8.0.0 which will probably add even more issues.

I'm sorry if I mislead you, but this was what was promised at the time.