UMS won't play 4k video.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
dusabogdan

Re: UMS won't play 4k video.

Post by dusabogdan »

Hey,

Many thanks for the new version of the program...
So i start with the good thing, the 4k video now works ok, even the skipping.

The bad thing is that sometimes the movies has subtitles sometimes doesn't have... i need to restart server and then boom the subtitle is available (i'm talking about the same movie here).
And the second thing i noticed is that the Resume option doesn't work... it appears an icon beside the one for the movie with RESUME in front but doesn't work with any movie.
Sami32

[SOLVED] Re: UMS won't play 4k video.

Post by Sami32 »

Happy to know that it work :D
It's just a draft, and it's far from optimized or finish.

And anyway, i don't think it will ever approved in this fork, so you better keep your copy ;)
I only do that for help users, and the user that asked for it try to play videos with 180 Mb/s bitrate that ask all the CPU / GPU power until the teeth, so optimization will need to be done

You will need to open new issue for each other problem, as subtitles. I'm not the guy working on it, and any way each problem should have its own issue.

AFAIK, "resume" as always given issues, so i guess that all this code should be refactored. Not a job for me though, as i cannot afford it.
Last edited by Sami32 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
dusabogdan

Post by dusabogdan »

Ok, Thank you. Duly noted.

So from what i understand the next version of UMS will be the one that you already sent to me, but stable version.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

No, sorry for not being more clear; i'm not an english native.

I don't think any of my work will be merged in UMS. So you better keep a backup ;)

But i do much appreciate your feedback 8-) , as i'm trying to optimize the transcoding and generalize the support to more renderers