UMS won't play 4k video.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
dusabogdan

UMS won't play 4k video.

Post by dusabogdan »

Hi,

I have an SAMSUNG UE43KU6072 and i have latest UMS version installed. When i'm trying to play 4k straight from pc with UMS i get an error on my Samsung that the file can't be played. When i copy on a USB stick the movie, works perfectly.
I attachet the log files like in the tutorial, and i'm hoping you can help me.
Note that only 4k are with problem, the 1080p movies works perfectly.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(129.18 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
dusabogdan

Re: UMS won't play 4k video.

Post by dusabogdan »

Nobody nothing ?
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi,

If you still want use this old default renderer, try to add these lines into it and it should trande them fine

Code: Select all

CBRVideoBitrate = -1
CustomFFmpegOptions = -b:v 8000k
Or even better, you should go in the UMS "General Configuration" tab and select the Samsung 9 Series as the default renderer and select "Force default renderer".
After that, restart UMS and your issue should be solved.
It should solve your issue and improve your video streaming quality, bandwidth use and formats support.

As a side note, you are using a Java 32-bit on your Win10 64-bit OS, and weirdly, UMS is using the FFmpeg 32-bit build and not the FFmpeg 64-bit build as it should.

Enjoy ;)
dusabogdan

Post by dusabogdan »

Sami32 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:29 am Hi,

If you still want use this old default renderer, try to add these lines into it and it should trande them fine

Code: Select all

CBRVideoBitrate = -1
CustomFFmpegOptions = -b:v 8000k
Or even better, you should go in the UMS "General Configuration" tab and select the Samsung 9 Series as the default renderer and select "Force default renderer".
After that, restart UMS and your issue should be solved.
It should solve your issue and improve your video streaming quality, bandwidth use and formats support.

As a side note, you are using a Java 32-bit on your Win10 64-bit OS, and weirdly, UMS is using the FFmpeg 32-bit build and not the FFmpeg 64-bit build as it should.

Enjoy ;)
Hi,

Thank you for the answer. I made the settings you said below and set the defauld render to Samsung 9 Series and check the Force default render.
Now the 2160p videos are running but i can't skip forward the videos and the subtitle don't work anymore.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi,

Please, consider post a new log each time, thanks.
I should be able to understand what happen with subtitles from your new log.

Search is not correctly implemented into UMS code, so for now you cannot expect it, and more specificly with Samsung, with transcoded videos.
dusabogdan

Post by dusabogdan »

Hi,

I just returned the KU6072 back and i bought the new model 43MU6102. Same problem with playing 4k videos, only if i go to NO TRANSCODING folder and choose No transcoding (Sub) works with subtitle on.
It's ok if i run the 4k videos that way ?
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi,

As long as you like, it's fine ;)
But if it was working correctly, you shouldn't have to go through these steps.

Btw, if you could post a new trace log with your new TV, it should make us able to create or adapt a renderer for your TV ;)

I think i have fixed the 4K and search issues, so if you are interested to test it...
dusabogdan

Post by dusabogdan »

Sami32 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:44 pm Hi,

As long as you like, it's fine ;)
But if it was working correctly, you shouldn't have to go through these steps.

Btw, if you could post a new trace log with your new TV, it should make us able to create or adapt a renderer for your TV ;)

I think i have fixed the 4K and search issues, so if you are interested to test it...
Hi,

You can find attached the debug files. So the TV is 43MU6102. When i try to play 4k files, like Lucy movie i see the next problems :
1. The movie is'nt 4k quality, i think it's downscaled.
2. My ASUS ROG fan starts to work full rotations.
2. I can't skip even 10 second from the movie (so no skip available).
3. The subtitle appears twice (one behind another).
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(121.7 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
dusabogdan

Post by dusabogdan »

I'm interested to test it for sure.