[Solved] UMS v7

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
boss

[Solved] UMS v7

Post by boss »

This is a repost of my deleted post.
I thought I had it sorted but I didn't.

I've just tested out UMS v7 on 2 x LG BP550 Bluray palyers and an LG 55UJ652T smart TV.
UMS does not show up on any of the devices.
UMS does show up on all the previous versions I have used going back to about 5.2.
UMS is running on a Linux headless system.
The log file (in trace mode) is attached.
Thanks
Attachments
debugLog.zip
(7.15 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: UMS v7

Post by SubJunk »

Hi boss, can you please turn trace logging on and resubmit the logs? Also can you try in a fresh folder and see if it runs with the default config?
boss

Post by boss »

Oops. Using Linux too much and used "debug" instead of "trace". I will do again.
All my installs are in different folders presently.
When you say run with the default config, are you referring to the UMS.conf file?
I will try that. In the meantime I have attached a zip file showing my current config v the v7 default config.
Thanks
Attachments
UMS.conf.zip
(478 Bytes) Downloaded 367 times
boss

Post by boss »

I tried v7 with the default v7 UMS.conf file and my devices still did not show UMS.
I also deleted the "data" and "database" folders and tried again but my devices still did not show UMS.
The log file (trace mode) is attached.

Thanks
Attachments
debug.zip
(10.2 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi boss,
Thanks for that, I've tried to do a fix for the issue, can you please test http://www.universalmediaserver.com/upl ... c-boss.tgz
If it doesn't work, another trace log would be good, since I have also added some more logging to this version :)
boss

Post by boss »

Hi SubJunk,

I tested your updated version of UMS V7 and the result was the same.
I see this error in the log:
ERROR 2017-08-08 16:59:34.278 [main] A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: null

The full log is attached in TRACE mode.
Edit: I installed Bubbleupnp on my android phone. That worked with UMS previous versions but not with v7. It would seem the issue is with UMS v7 and my Linux server rather than the renderers.

Thanks
Attachments
debug.zip
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

boss

Post by boss »

The latest version you posted shows UMS on the renderers.
A problem still exist though which I am working through with Nadahar in V6.7. It is that when viewing some image folders I get a "Network Error".
It has been resolved by Nadahar in a test version of 6.7.3 though.
EDIT: I think the network error in V7 has got more to do with my network being overloaded. It happened whilst someone else was watching Netflix. It didn't happen after they stopped watching Netflix. The smart TV and Bluray players are connected by wireless to a UniFi wireless access point.

Although I have the following in UMS.conf:
hide_recently_played_folder = true
The Recently Played Folder is showing on the renderers. Anything extra required in V7 to hide this folder.

The Media Library folder is also showing and did not show in previous versions. Is there some way to hide this folder?

I have attached the log file of your uploaded V7 when the "Network Error" happens if you wish to look at it.

Thanks
Attachments
debug.zip
(347.35 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Last edited by boss on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for reporting this and verifying that this fix worked, boss. I'll close this thread now since the other issue doesn't seem related to v7 and it's cleaner to have one thread per subject :)