Issue accessing UMS with Smart TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
RobRascal

Issue accessing UMS with Smart TV

Post by RobRascal »

I have a Sony Bravia Model: KDL-48W650D. UMS recognizes this device and say's it is online (offline doesn't appear next to it). When i go to my smart tv and try and access UMS it says:
The server is not accessible. Access may not be permitted by the server. I've tried looking online for a solution but couldn't find one. I searched similar issues here on the forum but couldn't find one. Can someone help me out here?

Thank You,
Rob
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(40.39 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Last edited by RobRascal on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nadahar

Re: Issue accessing UMS with Smart TV

Post by Nadahar »

Please read the announcement in red above.
RobRascal

Post by RobRascal »

I edited my post above and did as instructed
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Thanks you. It seems like UMS does something strange here, so I don't blame your TV for not liking it.

There's a "hack" enabled in the renderer configuration for your TV that breaks UPnP rules. I don't know why it's enabled (I see that it is enabled in "original" the renderer configuration that comes with UMS), but you should try to disable it and see if that helps. To do that, quit UMS and open the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers\Sony-BraviaW.conf" in a text editor. Find the line "CreateDLNATreeFaster = true" and change it to "CreateDLNATreeFaster = false" and save the file. Then start UMS and try again. If it still fails, post a new log.

If that solves the problem, please let us know so that we can change the default.
RobRascal

Post by RobRascal »

So that solves the problem of letting me access UMS from the tv. But when i try and play a video from my tv, (it doesn't load the thumbnails and i have waited quite a bit too) i click on it and my tv freezes. I have to unplug it and replug it for it to work. Here's the debug file for that
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(59.02 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I've already fixed some issues that might be causing this, but it isn't released yet fore reasons I don't understand. You can find the latest testversion I made when working on these issues here.

Please try that version and see if it solves it. If it does, the next version of UMS will work.
RobRascal

Post by RobRascal »

So i uninstalled the version i had installed, cleaned registry, restarted comp, deleted folder, and then installed the one you uploaded. I did not clean install though. Rendered config file was not updated, so i updated it. I accessed UMS through my tv, i did not click on a video, i decided to browse folders first. While trying to get into a folder it froze on me. It did show signs that it was going to happen as it was responding really slow. Here's the debug log for that
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(56.88 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

You didn't have to go through all that trouble when installing the test version, installing "over" the other version should suffice.

Did the thumbnails work with the updated version? The error I saw in your previous log and that I suspected was causing the issue isn't there in your last logfile, so it seems that was a dead end. I have no immediate ideas as to what is causing this, it's a bit strange if your TV is getting slower and then freezing. I'm not sure if UMS can cause that - have you checked if there's any firmware upgrades available for your TV?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Are you sure you didn't start a video?

This is logged not long before the TV disconnects from UMS:

Code: Select all

Crunchyroll - Watch Sakura Quest Episode 2 - The Gathering of the Five Champions - 12.08.2017, 12_34.wmv on your KDL-48W650D
RobRascal

Post by RobRascal »

positive. I browsed over it but didn't play it. Afterwards i clicked on the folder to go to the previous folder and clicked on the next folder to go in it, and that is when it froze on me.

edit: Just saw the previous post of yours. The thumbnails still didn't load for the videos. I checked for upgrade software and i have the latest version installed currently. I will try again and wait a while and see if thumbnails load. If they don't i'll post a debug log of me clicking the video and seeing if it plays or freezes