Simple help please

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
gollywobbers

Simple help please

Post by gollywobbers »

I have a gateway desktop, win 7 EI-11 6G memory DVD, card reader, etc. My goal: to have a media platform with music and TV/movies streaming through my Roku. I would like to store media (DVD) on an external hard drive and use my pc for music to stream through my roku2 (Roku LT). I tried Plex but they added their own garbage to my music selections with no way to delete it that I could see. All I want is artist name and song title - not their life history - OVERKILL!! There was no support to learn if I was able to do these things so I tried and was dismayed and disgusted.

So, cutting to the chase, can I use an external to store movies/TV to stream through my Roku without tons of configuring (using your software) and may I use your software to stream my tunes, from my PC, to my Roku. I am 72 years old and not stupid but feel there must be an easier way to do this than what I am seeing. Many thanks for your interest and attention. :o