Folder Images No Longer After Upgrade

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DreamScar

Re: Folder Images No Longer After Upgrade

Post by DreamScar »

Turning off generate thumbnail turns everything into a generic file icon (ie: mkv icon). Maybe it was because the test was with an audio file that your fix worked.

I really hope someone can include the priority option in the future. I really don't want to have to add individual pictures for every video in my library.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I thought we were both testing on the sample folder you sent me - that was my idea anyway. Are you saying that you get a generic thumbnail for the test audio file instead of folder.jpg?

I don't understand what you want to achieve either. Why would you want to have video thumbnails from folder.jpg? Do you have one folder per movie?
DreamScar

Post by DreamScar »

I just used the audio file to send to upload as the smallest video file I have is 150mb. I just assumed ums would treat the thumbnail the same.

I use the folder.jpg file for TV shows since it gives me one consistent thumbnail (show title card) for every episode. With the new method, I would have to make multiple copies (some shows with 20+ per season) and name them to match the episode name. Having folder.jpg do it with one image was much more efficient.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I understand the use for series, but it's impossible to make one behaviour that makes everybody happy.

The whole point with zipping a folder wasn't that I couldn't put files together myself (I have tested it and found it to work). The whole point was that we should both have the exact same files so that we could hopefully have the same result. You still haven't confirmed that it works for the folder you sent.