1.2.1 Skips with Buffer Error

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Madoka

1.2.1 Skips with Buffer Error

Post by Madoka »

When playing an .mp4 file with subtitles, I get a buffer error and the video will skip ahead in the show. This does not happen in 1.2.0.
Attachments
debug.log
(23.38 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: 1.2.1 Skips with Buffer Error

Post by SubJunk »

Hmm judging from your debug.log you have set custom memory sizes, try using the default values :)
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

SubJunk,

If that's the case, it's not my doing. I uninstalled 1.2.0 and deleted the old UMS.conf. Then I left the java memoery unchanged during installation. I left the buffer at 400 in the configuration. I did this for 1.2.0 as well, it it works fine.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hmm it's weird that Java is reporting that it only has 682MB of memory to work with on your system, whereas with mine on the default value it reports 742MB. We both use the same version.
Well I guess I will revert the buffer fix from 1.2.1 since that is probably what caused the error. Thanks for letting me know :)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Please try this version and let me know if that fixed it for you
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

That version seems to fix it. I will test some other files tonight, but it works with the file in the debug log and one other that gave me problems.

Also, that is the file you can use to test the "Minor Subtitle Issue" I mentioned in an earlier thread. That particular subtitler will use italics for thoughts in .srt that don't currently show up italicized.

Video (you only need Ep1): http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_107303.htm
Subs: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_108242.htm

Thanks for looking into the buffer problem.