[SOLVED] Problem for playing some videos

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Foxprime

[SOLVED] Problem for playing some videos

Post by Foxprime »

Hello,

I am currently experiencing some problems with UMS 6.7.3 and Java 8 on my Samsung H6400

It is impossible to read some MKV's pretty similar (according to Mediainfo) with others files that work

These files all show the size "976.56kb" and are readable while they work very well on the PC and on the PS3

On TV (problems):

On PS3 (work like a charm):

I hope you will find a solution and thank you in advance
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(208.48 KiB) Downloaded 673 times
Last edited by Foxprime on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Foxprime

Re: Problem for playing some videos

Post by Foxprime »

Hello,

Any help here ? :cry:
Foxprime

Post by Foxprime »

Help ? :cry:
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

You're affected by a bug that has been solved. We will soon release 6.7.4 which should fix this. In the meanwhile, 6.6.0 should be unaffected.
Foxprime

Post by Foxprime »

Hello,

Thanks for response :)
Foxprime

Re: [SOLVED] Problem for playing some videos

Post by Foxprime »

Hello,

Just for information, 6.6.0 have the same bug :|
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Ok, we're talking about multiple bugs then. The bug I observed doesn't exist in 6.6.0. Finding out what goes wrong is difficult because your log is full of errors from the other bug. I suggest you wait for 6.7.4, and then post new debug files with 6.7.4. It was supposed to be released last weekend, so hopefully it will come very soon.
Foxprime

Post by Foxprime »

Hello,

Problem still here after update 9.7.4.
I try first simply update, no change
i try a clean install, no change
Logs added
Attachments
ums_dbgafter.zip
(293.53 KiB) Downloaded 666 times
ums_dbgbefore.zip
(293.61 KiB) Downloaded 644 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

That looks much better - now all the errors are gone. I can see that it still doesn't play though, but I'm not sure what's causing it.

As far as UMS is concerned it starts transcoding the file and all is well. After a little while, the TV suddenly disconnects. The reason is probably that the TV isn't happy with some of the data it gets from UMS (probably some of the DLNA metadata). The question is what that is - which is a complete guesswork as no information about that is available (as per DLNA specification).

The reported size might be a hint. If you turn the TV off (cold, not standby) and then starts it up and browses to one of these files: Is this invalid size shown when you browse before you've tried to play, or only after you've tried to play the file once?

Edit: I've found a potential issue. For some reason UMS first classifies the file as MPEG_PS_PAL and later as MPEG_PS_NTSC. That might confuse your TV enough to disconnect.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I can't know that the bug I discovered is the cause for your issues, but I've created an issue for it in any case as I consider it to be a quite bad bug: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ssues/1401