[SOLVED] Problem for playing some videos

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Foxprime

Re: Problem for playing some videos

Post by Foxprime »

Nadahar wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:38 am That looks much better - now all the errors are gone. I can see that it still doesn't play though, but I'm not sure what's causing it.

As far as UMS is concerned it starts transcoding the file and all is well. After a little while, the TV suddenly disconnects. The reason is probably that the TV isn't happy with some of the data it gets from UMS (probably some of the DLNA metadata). The question is what that is - which is a complete guesswork as no information about that is available (as per DLNA specification).

The reported size might be a hint. If you turn the TV off (cold, not standby) and then starts it up and browses to one of these files: Is this invalid size shown when you browse before you've tried to play, or only after you've tried to play the file once?

Edit: I've found a potential issue. For some reason UMS first classifies the file as MPEG_PS_PAL and later as MPEG_PS_NTSC. That might confuse your TV enough to disconnect.
Hello,

Thanks for your response.
The invalid size shown every time, before and after playing including during browser files.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Ok, I've found the reason for the strange size. The files you can't play are probably those who are transcoded. Transcoded files has an unknown size, as they are created while being played. There is no way for UMS to know the size in advance, without first transcoding the whole file (which would take minutes in most cases). This isn't unique for UMS, but is a general property of all transcoded files on any media server. Renderers are supposed to accept not knowing the size according to the standard, but some renderers don't. Because of this, a "hack" has been made and the size of transcoded files are always set to 1000000 bytes by UMS.

While this allows transcoded files to play on some renderers, it explains why all your transcoded files show a size of 976.56 KB, since 1000000/1024 = 976.5625. This might or might not be related to the problem, the only thing we know by now is basically that transcoded files won't play on this renderer.

The cause might be the bug I pointed to with the DLNA PN that's reported wrong in some cases, or it might be something completely else. It even might be that your renderer doesn't support the format being transcoded to. That is possible to change in your renderer configuration file, although I don't remember the details. It's called "TranscodeTo" or similar, and it could be worth a shot trying other options there.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@Foxprime Hello,

Could you try that build with a clean install and return feedback ? Thank you.
If that doesn't work, an other trace log should help.
https://we.tl/qBzzYBrY77 (link valid for 7 days)

To verify if UMS can correctly transcode to your renderer, browse your media from your Samsung TV, select the #-TRANSCODE-# folder, then select a media folder and then the #-TRANSCODE-# folder.
From there, you will see [No transcoding], [FFmpeg].
Then select [FFmpeg] line, and if that play, the transcoding is done and streamed.
[No Transcoding] is for direct play, if/when supported by the renderers.

An other possibility, with less visual quality though, should be to use that renderer instead:
Samsung-7series.conf
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 947 times
Hoping that helped you.
Foxprime

Post by Foxprime »

Hello,

Ok i tested the mentioned release and problem still here, it's seem it's working more bad because i cant open any folder to open Transcode. In the stable 9.7.4 version i can open it but files insides '(everyone) still wont play.
Files sizes problem still here.

Next, i try the conf file joind. i have replace this:
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Profile for Samsung H6400 TVs.
# See DefaultRenderer.conf for descriptions of all the available options.
#
# Supported media containers and codecs at: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1044340
#

RendererName = Samsung H6400
RendererIcon = Samsung-H6400.png

UserAgentSearch = H6400
LoadingPriority = 1

DefaultVBVBufSize = true
MuxDTSToMpeg = true
MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 60
SeekByTime = true
ChunkedTransfer = true
TranscodedVideoFileSize = 1000000
SubtitleHttpHeader = CaptionInfo.sec
PrependTrackNumbers = true
CharMap = / :
MediaInfo = true

# Supported video formats:
Supported = f:3gp v:divx|h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|adpcm|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma m:video/3gpp
Supported = f:avi|divx v:divx|h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|adpcm|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma m:video/avi
Supported = f:flv v:divx|h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|adpcm|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma m:video/x-flv
Supported = f:mkv v:divx|h264|h265|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|adpcm|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma m:video/x-mkv
Supported = f:mp4 v:divx|h264|h265|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|adpcm|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma m:video/mp4
Supported = f:mov v:divx|h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|adpcm|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma m:video/quicktime
Supported = f:mpegps v:divx|h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|adpcm|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mpegts v:divx|h264|h265|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|adpcm|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:webm v:vp8 a:vorbis m:video/webm
Supported = f:wmv v:divx|h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|sor|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|he-aac|ac3|adpcm|dts|eac3|lpcm|mp3|wma m:video/x-ms-wmv

# Supported audio formats:
Supported = f:m4a m:audio/x-m4a
Supported = f:aiff m:audio/L16
Supported = f:ape m:audio/x-ape
Supported = f:flac m:audio/flac
Supported = f:mp3 m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:ogg m:audio/x-ogg
Supported = f:wma m:audio/x-ms-wma
Supported = f:wav m:audio/wav

# Supported subtitles formats:
SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = ASS,MICRODVD,SAMI,SUBRIP
SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats = ASS,SUBRIP,VOBSUB
by this, it's ok ?
#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Profile for Samsung H6400 TVs.
# See DefaultRenderer.conf for descriptions of all the available options.
#
# Supported media containers and codecs at: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1044340
#

RendererName = Samsung H6400
RendererIcon = Samsung-H6400.png

UserAgentSearch = H6400
LoadingPriority = 1

TranscodeVideo = MKV-H264-AAC
TranscodeAudio = WAV
MaxVideoBitrateMbps = 80
MaxVideoWidth = 3840
MaxVideoHeight = 2160
SupportedVideoBitDepths = 8,10
H264Level41Limited = false
SeekByTime = false
ChunkedTransfer = true
SubtitleHttpHeader = CaptionInfo.sec
PrependTrackNumbers = true
CharMap = / :
HalveBitrate = true
MediaInfo = true

# Supported video formats:
Supported = f:3gp|3g2 v:h264|mp4 a:aac-lc|he-aac m:video/3gpp
Supported = f:avi v:divx|h263|h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|ac3|eac3|he-aac|lpcm|mp3|mpa|wma m:video/avi gmc:0|1
Supported = f:divx v:divx|h263|h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|ac3|eac3|he-aac|lpcm|mp3|mpa|wma m:video/x-divx
Supported = f:flv v:h263|h264 a:aac-lc|he-aac|mp3 m:video/x-flv
Supported = f:mkv v:h264|mp4|mpeg4sp|mprg4asp|mpeg1|mpeg2|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|ac3|dts|dtshd|eac3|he-aac|lpcm|mp3|mpa|wma m:video/x-mkv
Supported = f:mkv v:h263|h264|h265|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|vc1|vp6|wmv a:vorbis m:video/x-mkv n:2
Supported = f:mov v:h263|h264|mjpeg|mp4|mpeg1|mpeg2|vc1|vp6|wmv a:aac-lc|ac3|eac3|he-aac|lpcm|mp3|mpa|wma m:video/quicktime
Supported = f:mp4 v:h264 a:aac-lc|ac3|dts|dtshd|eac3|he-aac|lpcm|mp3|mpa|wma m:video/mp4
Supported = f:mpegps v:mpeg1 a:mpa m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mpegps v:mpeg2 a:aac-lc|ac3|he-aac|lpcm|mp3|mpa m:video/mpeg2
Supported = f:mpegts v:h264|mp4|mpeg2 a:aac-lc|ac3|dts|dtshd|eac3|he-aac|lpcm|mp3|mpa|wma m:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts
Supported = f:mkv|mp4|mpegts v:h265 a:aac-lc|ac3|dts|dtshd|eac3|he-aac m:video/hevc b:80000000
Supported = f:webm v:vp8|vp9 a:vorbis m:video/webm n:2 b:20000000
Supported = f:wmv|asf v:mp4|vc1|wmv a:mp3|wma|wmapro m:video/x-ms-wmv

# Supported audio formats:
Supported = f:3ga|3g2a a:(?!amr) m:audio/3ga
Supported = f:3ga|3g2a a:amr m:audio/3gpp
Supported = f:ac3 m:audio/vnd.dolby.dd-raw
Supported = f:adts m:audio/vnd.dlna.adts
Supported = f:atrac m:audio/x-sony-oma
Supported = f:flac a:flac m:audio/x-flac n:2
Supported = f:m4a a:(?!alac) m:audio/mp4
Supported = f:mp3 m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:oga a:vorbis m:audio/ogg n:2
Supported = f:wav m:audio/x-wav
Supported = f:wma a:wma m:audio/x-ms-wma

# Supported subtitles formats:
SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = ASS,MICRODVD,SAMI,SUBRIP,TEXT
SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats = DIVX,ASS,SUBRIP,VOBSUB
And still not working, logs joined

Thanks
Attachments
ums_dbgwithconf.zip
(969.46 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
ums_dbg.zip
(555.17 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@Foxprime Arrgh...sorry i didn't posted in the right place. My bad.

That's normal that it didn't worked, as it has not been done for you, so the renderer used was not good for your case.
I will make you a new renderer to try with that build later.

Note: The second renderer will not work with your renderer, also with your modifications.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@Foxprime For your issue, a renderer like that should have been included:
Samsung-H6400.conf
(5.55 KiB) Downloaded 845 times
Just replace the existing one in the build that i posted above by that one.

Hoping that this time it should be better ;)
Foxprime

Post by Foxprime »

Hello,

Thanks for update. Problem still here :( Size display 974kb and some files wont playing...
Attachments
ums_dbgofficialrelease.zip
(339.74 KiB) Downloaded 636 times
ums_dbgtestrelease.zip
(437.85 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hello,

Yes, that's normal, "my" renderer was not used. i still have to check why.

Whatever, just force it in UMS GUI "General Configuration" tab, or disable/delete the "Samsung C/D Series" one.
That's not too difficult to see that H6400 doesn't display on your screen, but if you still see "Samsung C/D Series" displayed in UMS, you are not doing that correctly.

Note:
OK, i see that when i re-edited your renderer's string identification, i mistaped. So you can just correct the "UpnpDetailsSearch = Samsung.*U[AEN]\\d{2}H6[45]\\d{2}" line and it should be good ;)
As for now it's only for you you can also use "= H6400".
Foxprime

Post by Foxprime »

Ok,

Files still cant be playing with the new conf file with new problem on my TV "the selected file is not supported"
I think i have correctly set UMS but im not sur

logs joined

Thanks
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(365.68 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Good, you've succeed ;)

As you saw at first it was made for Samsung 7 Series user, with H.265 codecs, so i didn't tested with H.264.
It should work, as long as you don't use media having H.264 codec.

I need to correct that and post you an other build later. Thank you for your understanding.
Last edited by Sami32 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.