7.0.0 rc1 error during initialization

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Anomaly

7.0.0 rc1 error during initialization

Post by Anomaly »

Hi, I'm a happy user of version 6.7, and tried v7.0.0 rc1 today on ubuntu 16.10.
Starting with existing V6.7.3 config, or without existing config folder, ends-up with:

[main] net.pms.PMS A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: null
Please see attachment.

Same error with a fresh install on a Mac running Sierra :!:

May be it's only UNIX related ?
Thanks for your support.
Attachments
debug.log.zip
(9.33 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Nadahar

Re: 7.0.0 rc1 error during initialization

Post by Nadahar »

It seems to be some bug in the Java "UnixPath" implementation from what I can tell. I'm not involved in 7.0.0 so I don't know exactly what happens, but is seems that UMS is trying to add folder "/" as a shared folder for some strange reasons. 7.0.0 registers "FileWatch" on all shared folders (an OS service where the OS inform the application of any changes to the watched folders), and registering "/" fails.

I'm not sure where the blame is, but @SubJunk should look into this. In the meantime you might want to remove "/" from your list of shared folders.
Anomaly

Post by Anomaly »

Thank you, I'll have to wait for the fix. I have no "root" in my shared folders list!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'm not sure there is a fix underways currently, it might be better if you posted an issue at our issue tracker: https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ver/issues