Unsupported music file Blaupunkt TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Crofters54

Unsupported music file Blaupunkt TV

Post by Crofters54 »

Hi - have just bought Blaupunkt TV and installed UMS on desktop pc. Video files are picked up and played ok, but music files although picked up give the error Unsupported File when trying to play them.

Also have LG TV using SmartShare - which is fine with both video and music files.

I have the latest version of UMS but did see a thread relating to unsupported files talking about downgrading to a previous version - if that is the case can you please point me in the right direction to install it.

Many thanks.
Nadahar

Re: Unsupported music file Blaupunkt TV

Post by Nadahar »

This is probably because the renderer configuration for your Blaupunkt is incorrect. We might not have a "profile" for that TV. I doubt you need to downgrade. You can find a lot of information about how to create or modify renderer configurations by searching this forum.
Crofters54

Post by Crofters54 »

Hi many thanks for the reply, appreciate your time, I've been searching the forum, as you suggested, and I am not sure I truly understand what to change or how.

One thing I have noticed is that when I go to media server on the TV it only gives me options for my Desktop as User, Administrator or LG - so it looks like it is working via Smartshare since when I close Smartshare on the PC I cannot connect to the TV. UMS does not appear anywhere (that I have found anyway).

Does that help with identifying which renderer/profile I need. Really appreciate any 'idiot's' guide on to how to do this.

Although as the saying goes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing - so maybe guessing idiot's (i.e. me) should probably steer clear of making changes to things they do not understand! At least I can watch videos :?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I don't know SmartShare or what it does, but you should only have UMS running on your computer. If your TV's can't find UMS, you probably have some problem with your firewall blocking the TV's from accessing UMS.

I don't really understand all of your explanation, but UMS works via UPnP and DLNA. All that is required for this to work (that they can "find" each other) is that UMS and the TV's are on the same local network (same IP range/subnet) and no firewall is blocking the signals. Until this is resolved, there is no point in looking into renderer profiles.

You should probably create debug files as described in red above if you want further help, as it's impossible to "guess" what is going on.

A renderer profile is simply a configuration file that makes UMS know what a specific renderer (e.g TV) can and cannot do. If this is incorrect, UMS will offer the renderer formats it doesn't understand among other things.
Crofters54

Post by Crofters54 »

Hi - apologies for poor explanation, will try again.

So original set up was: PC in spare room, LG Smart TV in lounge. LG TV uses 'Smartshare' to connect to pc, so once downloaded and installed on pc we have been able to view videos and play music stored on pc.

Recently bought Blaupunkt TV to go into Cabin at bottom of garden. After initial setup and selecting media server it showed Desktop User; Desktop Administrator; LGDesktop.

Having selected LG we can see the shared video and music files (same as TV in lounge) but only the videos play ok. Music comes up with unsupported - I have tried music formats m4a; mp3 and flac.

When we quit 'Smartshare' the TV in the Cabin (Blaupunkt) shows 'No Server' - which is when we installed UMS.

But as stated TV shows 'No Server' when only UMS is working - Firewall configured is to allow UMS. Hope this has helped explain better the issue.

Have attached two files - debug 1 is with Smartshare turned off, debug 2 is Smartshare turned on.

Once again appreciate your time and patience.
Attachments
ums_dbg 1.zip
(28.68 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
ums_dbg 2.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 365 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi Crofters54,
It seem that you've incorrectly configured UMS. Disable SmartShare.
The fact that you're using a Wi-Fi dongle could be the reason, of course using VPN or tunelling and incorrectly configure UMS could also be.

Run UMS, go to "General Configuration" tab, then in "Force networking on interface" select the one beginning with 192.168.0. (probably the one named wlan2)

Hoping that helped you.

Note:
Please, consider reading our Wiki.
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... Networking
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... s-advanced