installation failure

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
psychonaut13

installation failure

Post by psychonaut13 »

Hi all,

I have downloaded and installed the most recent version of Java. I restarted my machine. booted up fine. Attempted to run the install of UMS and received this error, which is apparently one that often happens according to google search results. I have read through several possible solutions and applied their suggestions only to restart and still get this same error( please see attached image ).

I was really hopefully of being able to finally stream media files from my computer to the tv via ps4, but no dice.

If you have a fix, i'd be very happy to read it.

thank you all in advance.
big love,
p13
Attachments
CropperCapture[1].jpg
CropperCapture[1].jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
Nadahar

Re: installation failure

Post by Nadahar »

I've never seen that error before, so I don't think it happens very often. What happens is that the installer can't copy the file to the destination for some reason. I really don't know how this can happen, the most likely cause is that the file is locked by another process. Download UMS again (in case your previous download was corrupted), delete the UMS program folder ("C:\Program files (x86)\Universal Media Server"), reboot your computer and make sure to only start the installation once. If that doesn't help, I can't think of anything else than that you have some eager anti-virus program that blocks the installation process or that you have a harddrive problem.