Problem with new Samsung UE55MU6170U

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Bartl1981

Problem with new Samsung UE55MU6170U

Post by Bartl1981 »

Hello there,

I had to buy a new TV because the old one died and now I have problem with some movies. Before I had a LG tv and it worked perfectly fine with all movies, but now the new Samsung UE55MU6170UXZG cant recognise some Videos, or says that they are just 974kb small. Whats interesting about that is that my Samsung BD Player also has exactly the same problem with the same movies.

I use windows 10 and UMS 6.7.3. If there is any other information that you need to know to help me out then feel free to ask, I hope I can answer it because I'm not an english native speaker and also not really a geek.
Nadahar

Re: Problem with new Samsung UE55MU6170U

Post by Nadahar »

You probably need a correct "renderer configuration" for your new TV. It's a configuration file (.conf) that tells UMS what you renderer can and can't do. If UMS doesn't have one that fits your TV, it will pick another configuration. This configuration probably doesn't properly match your renderer's capabilities.

You can find a lot of information about creating renderer configurations on this forum, and you might be lucky and find one that works for you. Some "standard configurations" come with UMS, but many more exists - many of which are posted on this forum.
Bartl1981

Re: Problem with new Samsung UE55MU6170U

Post by Bartl1981 »

Thanks for the advice. I did search for confs but for my model.
Now I gave this viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8887 a try and it works fine. It seems that this new TC works with an old setting too.