TV doesn't see UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
raoulteeuwen

TV doesn't see UMS

Post by raoulteeuwen »

I reinstalled my Mac with Sierra. I have a dual boot config (one volume for a working OS, one to install a new OS on and check out if all apps are still working and if not i switch back to the working volume with the previous OS). On the 'old' OS/volume UMS is working. On the new one UMS starts, shows my TV, but the TV doesn't detect UMS. Maybe it as to do with security software, but i also see "12:26:50 ERROR A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: null" in the UMS-log, but i don't know where to look for more detail. Comparing the 'start log' with my working volume-version, i see on the working version a line "Starting DLNA Server on host 192.168.1.215 and port 5001..." which i don't see on the new volume/OS.

I've attached the trace log. Would appreciate help. And while here: thanks for UMS!!!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(20.84 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Nadahar

Re: TV doesn't see UMS

Post by Nadahar »

The error is due to a bug in the 7.0.0 release candidate. I would stay with the "stable" versions until 7.0.0 is released unless you want to take part of the testing. Try installing 6.7.3 instead.