Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" with 6.7.3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
rjtokenring2

Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" with 6.7.3

Post by rjtokenring2 »

Hi, with 6.7.3 I'm receiving this error with version 6.7.3 using a Samsumg TV 6710. This is new, old versions were working good.

ERROR 09:41:42.413 [UPNP-[TV]tv] Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" to [TV]tv: Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action. Non-recoverable remote execution failure: 400 Bad Request. (HTTP response was: 400 Bad Request)

Is there a way to fix this via configuration?

Thanks to all! UMS is really great!
Attachments
UMS.conf
(53.98 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
ums_out.log
(12.95 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
Nadahar

Re: Failed to send action "GetPositionInfo" with 6.7.3

Post by Nadahar »

I think this is due to a bug that has already been fixed. 6.7.4 has been ready for release for 2 weeks now, and I'm not sure why it's not being released. If the problem doesn't go away with 6.7.4, please let me know.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Will release it very soon, sorry for the delays!
zip100

Post by zip100 »

Nadahar wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:25 am I think this is due to a bug that has already been fixed. 6.7.4 has been ready for release for 2 weeks now, and I'm not sure why it's not being released. If the problem doesn't go away with 6.7.4, please let me know.
Hi,
Letting you know...
I've had this problem with 6.7.2. => updated to 6.7.4 and I still have the same problem.
Attached.
ums_dbg.zip
(32.55 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I don't know why I thought this was caused by the fixed bug, I think I misread "GetPositionInfo" as "GetProtocolInfo". As far as I can tell this error message happens after the renderer has disconnected or stopped playing. UMS is still trying to check its the playback position and hasn't yet "understood" that the playback has stopped.

I'm pretty sure the error has been there all along, but the error hasn't been logged. I made some more logging in some of this code to better understand a different problem, and that's probably the reason it's logged now. I don't think this error has much consequence, UMS will realize that playback has stopped after a while and stop asking for the position.

Do you report this simply because this is logged, or do you experience an actual problem?
zip100

Post by zip100 »

Hi,

I do experience an actual problem... so I was googling that error string I saw in the log...
probably this is not the cause of my problem...
My tv (Samsung tv in the logs) just does not find the server anymore, regardless the fact that the server sees it and even estimates its connection speed.

Any suggestion what should I check/reconfigure/try?
I've already upgraded to the latest 6.7.4.

I think the timing of the problem is "it stopped working after the ms win 10 creators update", but I'm not 100% certain...

Thanks!
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

We have had multiple cases where the creates upgrade has messed with the Windows firewall rules making UMS stop working. Try turning off the Windows firewall and see it that solves the problem. If that's the case, you need to fix the firewall rules manually (you can find other threads here that explains what to open).
zip100

Post by zip100 »

I've disabled the firewall, but firstly this had no effect on the problem...
Then I've noticed a strange ip in the logs... For some unknown reason, UMS has chosen another network interface which is not really connected...
So after forcing the correct interface and disabling the firewall - the tv has finally discovered the UMS!

Thank you very much!

I actually played with the firewall settings a bit before going to the forum, but with no luck. Apparently, it is more to it...
Now I'll go find the firewall settings thread to figure out the correct configuration.

Thanks again!
Have a great weekend!