Both Smart TVs cant see UMS?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
asitis

Re: Both Smart TVs cant see UMS?

Post by asitis »

UMS once again stopped being recongised by my panasonic TV. Now whether some settings are wrong in UMS I dont know as its all default.

So I uninstalled and installed the latest version.

However UMS does not show in the taskbar nor does it not start up when click on the shortcut on desktop.

I have installed the new version numerous times but UMS just doesnt start.

Any ideas please.

So lost.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

We still need logs to help you. I won't repeat it any more now.
asitis

Post by asitis »

Did you even bother read my last post.

UMS is NOT loading at all on my computer.

I have installed the latest version and it is not starting up at all.

So how can I send you logs if it doesnt start up?

Why is UMS not starting up?

Just seems problem after problem with UMS
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I read your post. UMS probably does start, but something goes wrong before the GUI is created so you don't see it. UMS will still create a log that probably reveals what went wrong and that I could tell you how to find and upload, but since you're not willing to upload your log there is nothing anyone can do. Thus the answer remains the same as before.

A common problem is if you install one of the 7.x and then revert to 6.x. It will upgrade the database to a newer version than 6.x can read, and UMS will abort before the GUI is launched. To solve it, delete the database manually - that is all files in the "database" folder in your profile folder.

Since you won't show me the log, I can't know if this is what's happening though, but it's a likely cause.
asitis

Post by asitis »

If I could provide you a log I will but there is no way I can provide you a log as UMS does not open or start at all.

This has never happened before.

Is there an issue with version 6.8.0?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

If you're using Windows you can find your log file in "C:\ProgramData\UMS" by default. The file is called "debug.log". Attach that file and I can probably tell you why it doesn't start.
asitis

Post by asitis »

Where exactly is "C:\ProgramData\UMS" located as I have gone on program files then the UMS folder but cant see the debug.log file.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It's not under program files. The "ProgramData" folder is hidden in Windows by default, so you can't browse your way there. Instead, type or copy/paste the path in the address field and you will get there. You can also search for (in Windows search) or run (Winkey + r) "%allusersprofile%\UMS" and the folder will open.
asitis

Post by asitis »

Attached debug log file.

Any idea why UMS is not opening and how to fix please?
Attachments
debug.log
(2.98 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

According to your log file the database is already in use. That indicates that UMS is already running. Have you tried to restart your computer?