HTTP 500 Internal Server error playing to Samsung 40C8000

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Hicky

HTTP 500 Internal Server error playing to Samsung 40C8000

Post by Hicky »

HI,

Until recently, I was able to stream films to my Samsung 40C8000 but some unknown reason it has stopped working. My TV doesn't recognise UMS as a source to play from even though UMS can see my TV. However, when I try to stream a movie to my tv, it produces an error message.

Can anyone help please?

As per instructions in "Problem Reporting Guideline", I have created a debug zip file and attached.
ums_dbg.zip
(33.85 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
ramseyazad

Re: HTTP 500 Internal Server error playing to Samsung 40C8000

Post by ramseyazad »

I'm having a similar issue with my samsung E-HT 3500, I'm suspecting it's related to the recent java update.
{edit} Just tried rolling back java and it didn't fix it. UMS is now not showing on *any* devices here, so maybe my issue is not similar to yours.
{edit 2 hours later} after trying the beta and then reinstalling UMS 6.7.4 I turned off windows firewall and everything worked again. Seems windows decided to mess up my day for no reason in particular. Finally the kids can watch 'Batman and Robin' in the other room. . .
Nadahar

Re: HTTP 500 Internal Server error playing to Samsung 40C8000

Post by Nadahar »

@Hicky Have you tried to play it "normally" (by browsing from the TV)? In your log it seems like you're trying to use the UMS GUI to "push" a file to your TV, which fails for some reason unknown to me. I need to know if the problem is isolated to using the GUI to push, or if it's a general playback problem.