Audio Goes Out of Sync

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Brygmophyseter

Audio Goes Out of Sync

Post by Brygmophyseter »

ums_dbg.zip
(29.68 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
Quite a few months ago I started getting increasing issues with the audio going out of sync. Sometimes it happens just on pausing playback, but it is especially common if the playback is fast forwarded (or rewound).

Often once it goes out of sync, I can't find anyway to get it back unless I watch from the start again.

My set up is W10, with a wired connection down to my PS4, so this is definitely not a wifi lag issue.

Help much appreciated, it's becoming really frustrating.
Nadahar

Re: Audio Goes Out of Sync

Post by Nadahar »

You are using an ancient version of UMS. Please update to 6.7.4.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@Brygmophyseter And as explained in the Problem Reporting Guidelines, the full trace log need to contain the reproduced issue while you are streaming your problematic medias, and that is not the case into this log.

The only weird thing that i can saw is that UMS server and PS4 have the same IP.
But as asked by @Nadahar, a new trace log with the latest 6.x.x version is necessary to help you.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

The PS4 Media player has sync issues for some formats which becomes noticeable after 20-40 mins. stopping and starting the file will get it back in sync. it's a problem sony caused a couple of updates ago from what i have read on other forums. transcoded files don't seem affected though but that has its own issues(see my other thread). do you have any issues transcoding like i do?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.