Bug? Files kept open

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Sami32

Re: Bug? Files kept open

Post by Sami32 »

@galmok
Thank you. So, nothing that you can do about. The UMS code need to be fixed.
You could open an issue here.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

@galmok I tried to reproduce your problem but for me it works. I can delete the file after watching without any problems. If there would be such bug than the feature implemented in the UMS to delete or move files to other folder after watching will not work. Can you send the log? There could be something which can help us. You can also try to reinstall the UMS and Java and retest it.
galmok

Post by galmok »

valib wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:54 am @galmok I tried to reproduce your problem but for me it works. I can delete the file after watching without any problems. If there would be such bug than the feature implemented in the UMS to delete or move files to other folder after watching will not work. Can you send the log? There could be something which can help us. You can also try to reinstall the UMS and Java and retest it.
As I mentioned, it could also be correlated with the pc going to standby. My pc is normally not shut down, just put into standby. Reboots happen like once every 2 month.

All I know is that it is UMS locking the files.

Who can I send the log file to? It contains sensitive information and I'd rather not share it with the world. ;-)
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

galmok wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 pm
Sami32 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:50 am @galmok Can you confirm that it doesn't happen if you disable "Resume" and/or don't monitor the folders ? Thanks.
I can't comfirm that. Even with Video Resuming off and no played status monitored on any directory did UMS lock the files.

Actually, it is not the media file being locked, but the folder containing the media file.

And there is not just 1 handle on the folders, I have seen up to 9 handles, but also down to 1 handle.

I THINK the number of handles correspond to the number of times my pc has woken from standby, or the number of days that has passed since I streamed the file via UMS.

Also note, I streamed all files via the un-transcoded DLNA submenu option.

UMS: 6.7.4 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Update: Clicking Restart Server did not release the files. I had to Quit UMS to make it release the handles.

Thanks for sending the log but after I checked it I have to re-read your posts because I found that in the log are gaps in the time from one day to another and now I know why. I have never used the UMS in such way. Can you do a test if folders are blocked before you first time set the PC to sleep?