Mediafile/Video skipping when transcoding

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Sami32

Re: Mediafile/Video skipping when transcoding

Post by Sami32 »

Hi,

Well, i only remember having tried Twonky, and the others didn't make me strong feeling that i don't even remember them so...but i can give you some name though:
Serviio, Mezzmo, Emby, Plex, JRiver, Twonky, TVersity...
Some of them have a FFmpeg sync command included, and a better channels handling, so i guess that some of them should correctly stream this kind of badly encoded media.

You can also use UMS, but try with MEncoder video engine and A/V sync option.

Please, take the time to report back ;)
Last edited by Sami32 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
fedeaffedaffe

Post by fedeaffedaffe »

Oh, one thing more.
As mentioned, it is only when I transcode the problem occur.
So do you know if there is any way or any streamer which can add subtitles without the use of transcoding ?

KR,
Bjarke :)
fedeaffedaffe

Post by fedeaffedaffe »

I have tried using Mencoder with A/V alternative sync disabled, that solved it on some mkv files, but not them all and didn't help on any mp4 files, sadly.
But thanks for your suggestions, I'll see if any of them will help me solve it, though I really prefer UMS because of it's many settings.

I'll get back to you and tell you if i succeed.
Thanks again,
Bjarke ;)
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

You could also try this build with a clean install:
UMS-setup.exe

If the default setting doesn't work for you, try modifying your Panasonic Viera configuration file as following:

Code: Select all

TranscodeVideo = MP4-H264-AC3
or

TranscodeVideo = MP4-H264-AAC
or

TranscodeVideo = MKV-H264-AC3
Note: In the "Transcoding Settings" tab go into the "Audio settings" sub tab. From there, you should choose your channels preference and select "Keep AAC-LC tracks"

I could make an other sync fix if necessary, if you post a little video sample link.
fedeaffedaffe

Post by fedeaffedaffe »

Hi again and a great many thanks for all your time and effort.

Downloaded the preview/test? version you pointed out for me. And I instantly saw the newly added AAC option under Audio options.
I tried a whole lot of things including your suggestions on editing the .conf file for my TV, but it didn't work for me.
All I get is either "unsupported file format" or "can't read file", when I want to stream. Disabling the option didn't help, nor didn't all other stuff I tried.
Tried on several files to no avail. Only bif I choose to not to transcode the media would produce Audio and Video on my TV.
The log files just gave me a "-1" error everytime.
Nevertheless, It might be able to do the trick for me in the future I guess (hope).
Oh, so after giving up on the test version, I then changed my Video settings to MP4-H264-AAC in .conf on the 6.7.4 version and now it doesn't skip, but A/V goes out of sync instead, just as I suspected regarding my experience with the older/former PS3 media server. Oh well, I can't seem to win, not yet anyway :D

Kind Regards,
Bjarke ;)
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

I cannot work without log, so for now you are the only one that know what happened...
"-1" is a FFmpeg error, i guess, but without your log no more guess neither possible fixes. That is the kind of error that can appear for many reasons, one of them can be to not have done a clean install.
fedeaffedaffe

Post by fedeaffedaffe »

I wouldn't expect you to do either ;)
Had to install version 6.7.4 again, as my girlfriend wanted to watch a movie. I'm just a man, and well she is the boss I guess :roll:
Anyway, I did indeed do a clean install and remembered that it was a FFMPEG error as regarding to the "-1" from the log.
Do you think I can expect that the AAC-LC option will be in a future release ?
Perhaps I will try installing the preview/test version again later on the week, when I have the house for myself.

Kind Regards,
Bjarke :)
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hehe, but the world without women would miss salt ;)

Ok, i finally saw flaw into my code with 4K and 3D media, so perhaps you used it. I'll post a new build as soon that it will be fixed.