When transcoding file stops playing abruptly

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mogthemoogle

When transcoding file stops playing abruptly

Post by mogthemoogle »

So I've been transcoding files so that I can play them without subtitles because for some reason the default is to play subtitles (even if in UMS I check the disable subtitles box) even though when I play them on my pc the subtitles are disabled by default. But anyways, my main problem is that when I play a transcoded file it'll play for maybe 1-2 minutes before it'll just stop and go to the next transcoded file, and that problem will repeat. I made a debug log and uploaded it, any suggestions? My UMS configuration is basically the default one after installing it.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(125.95 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
Sami32

Re: When transcoding file stops playing abruptly

Post by Sami32 »

Could you try that build and use a specified renderer's configuration ?
Will need a clean install to be fully operatinal. Download link valid for 7days:
UMS-setup.exe

Force each one of the following renderer: (in the "General Configuration" tab, go to "Default renderers when automatic detection fail" and select the appropiate one, then select "Force")
- Samung H6203
- Samusung H6400
- Samsung 7 Series

If none of them worked for you, then modify this line as following in each of these 3 configuration files, found into your renderers profile folder, before re run UMS:

Code: Select all

TranscodeVideo = MPEGTS-H264-AC3
mogthemoogle

Post by mogthemoogle »

I tried forcing each of the renderers. Each time I tried them it would give me an error once I would try to open the transcode folder and kick me out to the beginning of the UMS menu on my tv. So I opened UMS and went to the profile folders, how do I open a .conf file? What program do I need to use?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

You can use any text editor for the .conf files, but preferrably one that understands LF (Notepad++ for example).
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@mogthemoogle Don't forget to post a new trace log, that i can understand what is wrong because using the H6203 renderer should have given near the same issue as you already have, so that mean that something got wrong somewhere that i missed.

Thank you for your understanding.