picture problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Pomologe3

Re: picture problem

Post by Pomologe3 »

I have the same problem here. UMS is converting all Photos/Images to JPEG_MED format (resolution: 1024×768).
I'm observing this strange behavior since UMS-Version 6.8.0, hoping it would be fixed in 7.0.0 but it isn't.
Using UMS 6.5.3 (tested a few days ago on Windows 7) the handling of Photos seems to be correct...
If you like to have a look in my (shortened) logs use searchterm: Testfile(2272x1704).jpg (Testfile%282272x1704%29.jpg).
Thanks in advance!
Attachments
ums_7.0.0_dbg.zip
(28.38 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
ums_6.5.3_dbg.zip
(148.23 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

@Pomologe3 I doesn't seem to me like this is the same problem, but it seems strange that JPEG_LRG isn't offered to your TV. You seem to have cut the log so I'm not really sure how it makes that decision. Please make a new, uncut, log. Also, before you generate the log, please disable the "cache" ("Enable cache" on the "Navigation and Sharing" tab). Remember to enable the cache again after the test or UMS will be very slow. I simply need it turned off so that UMS is forced to reparse your image and log the results.
Pomologe3

Post by Pomologe3 »

Thanks for your quick reply!
I like disabling the cache because I don't want to public my whole media files here.... ;)
Strage thing that JPEG_LRG isn't offered...
I checked with "Device Spy" to get shure it is supportet by my LG TV and the result was positiv.
I hope you will be able to delimit this little "beauty mistake" because UMS is one of my favorite programmes.
You are doing a great job!
Attachments
LM760-Device Spy INFO.txt
(2.04 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
ums_dbg.zip
(33.96 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

This log didn't reveal anything more, it seems like a bug I'll have to look more into.
Pomologe3

Post by Pomologe3 »

If you need more information, please feel free to ask.
B.t.w. my other Renderer "LG BP430" work fine - UMS 7.0.0 delivers correct sized photos...
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@Pomologie3 You should remove these unecessary lines from your renderer related to image as they are automatically handled by UMS:

Code: Select all

AutoExifRotate = true

# Supported image formats:
Supported = f:jpg   m:image/jpeg
As a side note, if you image sample was progressive type, also if using a JPEG_LRG DLNA profile, it should not work as specified by your renderer specifications:

2D(jpeg, jpg, jpe)
3D(jps)
Type de fichier disponible
SOF0 : ligne de base
SOF1 : séquentiel étendu
SOF2 : progressif
Taille de photo
Minimum : 64 x 64
Maximum :
Type normal : 15 360 (L) x 8 640 (H)
Type progressif : 1 920 (L) x 1 440 (H)

In that case JPEG_RES_<H>_<V> or JPEG_MED profile should have been used if the image was not converted to sequential JPEG that are more widely supported (UMS convert them automatically if i remember correctly).
As said @Nadahar a sneaky bug is around.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

@Sami32 Those old options aren't read anyway, so they should make no difference.

Regarding the renderer spec, it doesn't really matter. Since progressive JPEGs aren't DLNA compatible, UMS would convert it to baseline before sending it. That's not the case here though. From what I can see, GetProtocolInfo includes JPEG_LRG and I don't understand why it isn't offered. It's almost as if something is wrong with the protocolInfo registration, so that it's not available when this is evaluated.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@Nadahar Yes i know, but that doesn't mean that it should be leaved there IMO.

I thought about that but as it is read for other renderer and that i didn't saw anything unusual into the log, i suspect some specific option making the trouble.

If one guy can solve this issue it is you ;)

EDIT:
It is like we miss a piece of the puzzle. Like a special special character or something unusual like strings sticked together or missing comma made the protocolInfo parsing miss the JPEG_LRG profile.

http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_MED,
http-get:*:image/jpeg:DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_LRG,
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

It sems that the setting

UserAgentSearch = Linux/2.6.35 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50 INTEL_NMPR/2.0 LGE_DLNA_SDK/1.6.0
UserAgentAdditionalHeader = GStreamer souphttpsrc (compatible; LG NetCast.TV-2012) libsoup/2.34.2
UserAgentAdditionalHeaderSearch =
UpnpDetailsSearch = LG TV
confuses the UMS. The best way could be to follow the instruction at the https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... -my-device finish after the step 8 and send the log.
Pomologe3

Post by Pomologe3 »

Many THANKS for your Investigation!
I created a new log, hoping i did it the right way...
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(114.29 KiB) Downloaded 397 times