UMS set-up on QNAP TS-253Pro

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
rolli

UMS set-up on QNAP TS-253Pro

Post by rolli »

Hello UMS forum,
can anybody help me to set up UMS on my QNAP server? After installation the UMS on the QNAP, I have only access to the web surface. After long investigation in the web I have not found how to access to the configuration menu. Do I have to modify the config file? If yes, which parameters have to be changed? Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards
rolli
Nadahar

Re: UMS set-up on QNAP TS-253Pro

Post by Nadahar »

I don't know the QNAP environment, but I assume it's some kind of modified Linux? There is no "configuration menu" in UMS' web interface. To start UMS' GUI you need a desktop environment, which I guess you don't have access to? If so, you need to edit the config file "UMS.conf" located in your profile folder ("~/.config/UMS/UMS.conf" by default). Most settings are documented in the default UMS.conf, but in case you don't have that it's also available here. Please note that UMS will overwrite UMS.conf at will while running, so UMS should be shut down before you edit the file.
rolli

Re: UMS set-up on QNAP TS-253Pro

Post by rolli »

Hi Nadahar,

yes, you are right. The Qnap uses a modified Linux and I have no access to it to open the GUI. So I have to edit the config file manually. Thanks for your quick reply.

rolli