UMS won't load

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Supermanfan77

UMS won't load

Post by Supermanfan77 »

Anyone else having problems getting USM 6.7.4 or 6.7.3 to start?

I can't get either of those to load for me, but no problems getting 7.0.0 RC1 to run.
Nadahar

Re: UMS won't load

Post by Nadahar »

Your problem is because you've been running 7.0. It upgrades/changes your database so that 6.x versions can't read it. The only way to make it work again is to delete/move the database files. They can be found in your profile folder in the "database" subfolder.
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

i usualy uninstall the previous version and do a clean install on the new one that i'm going to test or to use until a new or a better one releases. i'ts been working for me so far without any problems.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It doesn't help to uninstall and do a clean install. You profile folder won't be deleted. I don't know which OS you are on, but the profile folder defaults to "C:\ProgramData\UMS" on Windows and "~/.config/UMS" on Linux. I don't remember the macOS location at the moment, but I can find out if it turns out that you are on that platform. Inside the profile folder, there's a folder called "database". You can simply delete this folder and it should work.
Supermanfan77

(Solved) Re: UMS won't load

Post by Supermanfan77 »

I'm running WIndows 10. I was able to get it working by doing a clean install of 6.7.4