Changed router, now all devices are not being detected...

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
goombakid

Changed router, now all devices are not being detected...

Post by goombakid »

Hello.

Prior to swapping out my router to something a little better, UMS was working perfectly with all my devices. After the router swap, none of my devices can see the UMS server (PS4, Smart TV, Chromecast). Nothing changed to the settings in UMS. I've already tried port forwarding 5001 from my computer. Not sure what else I can do.

Any help is appreciated.

Debug log is attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(30.15 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Nadahar

Re: Changed router, now all devices are not being detected...

Post by Nadahar »

UMS' log file is of no use in this case, as the problem clearly is with your router. I don't know what was "wrong" with the old one or is "better" with the new one, but the general idea is that: For UPnP AV/DLNA to work, multicast must work both ways between UMS and the renderers. Configuring multicast can be complicated and is only supported on advanced routers, which means that in for all but the most advanced users you are restricted to having all the devices on the same subnet. If your router has different networks for the wired and the wireless network, and UMS and the renderers are on different networks, they can't see each other.

It's impossible to give information about how to resolve this without having more information about your network. It this router is also your internet router, a different configuration is needed. If this router is only a wireless router, it should be placed in bridged/transparent/ap mode.
goombakid

Re: Changed router, now all devices are not being detected...

Post by goombakid »

Solved. Forced IP of my computer in the General tab.