Samsung MU8000 suddenly unrecognized

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
nouse

Samsung MU8000 suddenly unrecognized

Post by nouse »

Dear Forum,

i have two Samsung TVs in my home network under Win10:

Samsung ES Series - WLAN
Samsung MU Series - LAN

Until yesterday, everything was working fine. Today ive found the MU device being unrecognized. Accordingly, the TV does not show UMS as source anymore.

The situation is as shown:

The uknown renderer under 192.168.178.32 is a Realtek Ethernet controller.
According to the TV, the network adress should be 192.168.178.37 instead, but this is not listed by UMS anymore. The TV correctly connects to the internet via the router (Fritzbox 3370), but is not shown in the PC network.

I updated Java and UMS (got some troubles with it; a clean install wasnt possible), and rerun UMS in trace mode (see attachment).

The only thing i can imagine what has changed is that Windows 10 got a major update some days ago.

Any ideas i can do?
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(33.1 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Nadahar

Re: Samsung MU8000 suddenly unrecognized

Post by Nadahar »

192.168.178.32 is the computer running UMS. The unknown renderer with this address is some software running on this computer, it might even be Windows Media Player itself. Disregard that.

There'a a TV on 192.168.178.31 - and that's all I can see in the log. I can see no errors in the log either. The most common problems after a "big" Windows 10 update is that the Firewall starts blocking UMS or that the network adapters have changed so that UMS binds to the wrong adapter. None of this seems to be true here though. There is no sign of any other device that 192.168.178.31 in the log, which indicates that your MU TV doesn't have connectivity with UMS.

It can come down to one of two things: The Windows firewall or your router configuration. Try to turn off your Windows firewall to see if it makes a difference. I doubt it though, your router is probably the one causing trouble.

The strange thing though is that the problem is usually between the wired and the wireless network. It looks to me that UMS is on the wired network and that communication with the wireless TV is working fine - but not with the wired.... which is very strange. The situation is often the opposite. I'd say that if disabling the Windows firewall doesn't help, you should cold reboot both your router and the TV. With cold reboot I mean, turn them off, remove the power - wait 5-10 seconds for stored electricity in capacitors to discharge and plug them in and start them again.
nouse

Post by nouse »

Thank you.

I rebooted the router and it now works again. I now have an mysterious additional DLNA server in the sources menu of the TV (by the name of my PC), but i can live with it.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'm pretty sure that's Windows' own DLNA server (Windows Media Player/Home Group). You can turn it of somewhere in the settings, but it doesn't really do much harm (or good).