New Computer, have to re-setup devices anytime UMS or Computer is restarted

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Koschack

New Computer, have to re-setup devices anytime UMS or Computer is restarted

Post by Koschack »

I have purchased a new computer and installed UMS. For some reason on this new computer I have to re-setup every streaming device to recognize UMS after my computer or when just UMS is restarted. I doesn't take me long to go into the settings on the streaming devices, find UMS, then set it up, but it's not something I had to do before this new computer. I a using Fire TV's and sticks with Kodi (tried several versions) and multiple combinations of renderer's within UMS. Does anyone have any experience with this and can offer assistance? I have attached the debug file per the problem reporting guidelines. I hope I haven't missed another forum protocol directive with this post. Thank you all in advance for your assistance.
Attachments
koschack_ums_dbg.zip
(30.86 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Nadahar

Re: New Computer, have to re-setup devices anytime UMS or Computer is restarted

Post by Nadahar »

It seems from your log that you're running multiple instances of UMS at the same time, which would explain why settings aren't saved. Please make sure that UMS is not installed as a service and that you only run one instance at the time.
Koschack

Post by Koschack »

I don't have it installed as a service, that I am aware, and I have tried un-installing and re-installing UMS. The setting to "only run a single instance of UmS" is checked in the settings.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Check the "install service" button. It will change to "uninstall" if it is currently installed as a service.
Koschack

Post by Koschack »

It does not have un-install as an option. It only says "Install as a Windows service"
Koschack

Post by Koschack »

I have checked the task manager and I only see one occurrence of Java(TM) Platform Library with the UMS icon. I assume this is the program?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It looks different if it's running as a service, I think it runs as "wrapper.exe" then.

The easiest way to make sure is to open "services.msc" and see if UMS if found in the list.
Koschack

Post by Koschack »

What in the log I posted indicated there was more than one instance running? I can't find a program or service that would indicate that is the case.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

That the port was already in use. That's the tell tell sign that UMS is already running. If not UMS, some other program using the same port probably is.
Koschack

Post by Koschack »

Ah, so maybe I should try to have UMS run on a different port than the default? It wants to run on 5001 correct?