UMS Wont start at all

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
sodra

UMS Wont start at all

Post by sodra »

I tried loading UMS 6.7.4 but it wouldnt start at all. I tried reinstalling it with clean install checked, but when I launched UMS it would hang on the loading image.
I tried restarting my computer, and now it wont load at all.

Java is installed.
Windows 10
Intel i7-6700k
RX 480
16GB DDR3
Stoertie

Re: UMS Wont start at all

Post by Stoertie »

Hi all,

I have the same problem on Win7 with the 6.8. version... I uninstalled the old version, made a new installation, When I start UMS after installation fist the window with the language comes, I click OK, then the start-window comes and nothing more happend. :-(

Any Idea?

Many thanks in advance

Michael
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

There are many threads about this. Look at some of the others for suggestions. The most likely reason is that you have either installed UMS as a service (which isn't removed by the uninstall), or that you have installed one of the 7.0.0 versions. If the latter, UMS' database has been upgraded to a newer format and must be deleted to run 6.x. You can find the database in your profile folder (default is "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\UMS\database"). Simply delete the "database" folder and try again.

If that doesn't help, upload your "debug.log" file also found in the profile folder.
charlesgrey999

Post by charlesgrey999 »

hi got the same prob but a s a tech numpty i dont know where to find the profile folder.??