UMS LG tv not refreshing/syncing folders and files

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Havok

UMS LG tv not refreshing/syncing folders and files

Post by Havok »

While not a bug per se, I am noticing an issue with UMS that is frustrating. I can watch a video one night and everything works fine, I turn off the tv and sometime later I will delete the video off of my computer. I'll shut my computer down and then reboot it the following morning but at this point when I go into UMS from the tv it still shows the video that has been deleted and will not play it or see any videos in any subfolders. If I manually turn off UMS and then reload, (doesn't work when I try and reboot the server through the menu) it then everything works fine again until the next day.

I have tried using the refresh option on the LG TV when this occurs but that isn't fixing the problem.

Could the cache being enabled causing something like this? Any other insights?
Nadahar

Re: UMS LG tv not refreshing/syncing folders and files

Post by Nadahar »

Yes, this comes from the cache. There is not other way to "delete" entries from the cache than to clear the whole cache. The problem has been attempted solved in 7.0.0, but it has serious consequences. It means that UMS must rescan all folders at startup and basically rebuild the cache every time.