Need help with subtitle settings.

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
yamel1975

Need help with subtitle settings.

Post by yamel1975 »

I need help in the subtitles setting in UMD to only play the subs in non english parts of a movie. Everytime i play a movie is shows subs threw the whole movie on english speaking parts. Any help would be appreciated.
Nadahar

Re: Need help with subtitle settings.

Post by Nadahar »

Read about "forced tags" here.
yamel1975

Post by yamel1975 »

I read the article on forced tags from the link provided, But i don't understand.Can you please explain to me in more simple terms.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

yamel1975 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:59 pm I need help in the subtitles setting in UMD to only play the subs in non english parts of a movie. Everytime i play a movie is shows subs threw the whole movie on english speaking parts. Any help would be appreciated.
There is no way how can the UMS meet your request. You should try to find such subs on the internet and if you are no able to do that you must edit the english subs and delete all parts when the translation is not needed and left only parts when you need subtitles for the non english audio. This means that you have to watch the whole video to be able to decide which parts of the movie should have subtitles and set it.