slow perfomance when displaying animated GIF

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
zangetsu

slow perfomance when displaying animated GIF

Post by zangetsu »

jpegs and non animated GIF files display quickly.

but animated GIF files take a very long time to display each frame, like 30 to 60 seconds each frame.

i use a sony blu ray player BDP-S590 as the renderer, that is fed by gigabit ethernet by a fast i7 desktop i use as my media server running UMS 6.

is there anything in the option settings or the .conf file i can change to make animated gifs run better ?

the way it is now it is not worth trying to view those pictures.

i thank you for your time.
Nadahar

Re: slow perfomance when displaying animated GIF

Post by Nadahar »

No, UMS doesn't actually have anything to do with the animation. UMS simply serves the GIF to the renderer as one file, and the renderer handles the animation. I'm afraid the slowness is with your renderer.
zangetsu

Post by zangetsu »

this is interesting, when i send the same file to the sony player via a different media server (like when i use Mezzmo) this does not happen.

i can also open the same animated gif on a usb drive attached to the sony and it displays the way it was intended.

ONLY when sending it via UMS does this happen.

i.e. it IS the UMS that is doing this, not the renderer.

i could sure use a helpful answer.

:roll:
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Then we'll need to see your log to see what is going wrong. Please follow the instructions in red above.